AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to target specific keyword with high bid in Product Listing Ads campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have integrated Google merchant center & Google Adwords. There is default ad in Product Listing Ads campaign. Today, I have added 50+ sectional sofas on my website. I want to display my sofas on first page during exact match keywords sectional sofas and leather sofas. So, How can I get it done?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to target specific keyword with high bid in Product Listing Ads campaign?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello vistastores,

First of all Product Listing ads use the product feed of your Google Merchant Center account and not the keywords like regular text ads you have.

Hence in order to push your PLAs to work for the sectional sofas you are referring to, it will solely depend upon how accurately you have updated the feed inside Merchant Center account. Based on the relevancy factor which Google counts, your PLAs will start showing on Google search.

As far as the best practices are concerned, it's better to create a new PLA campaign separate from other campaigns if possible.

Product target and its attributes should be cleanly configured inside both Adwords as well as Merchant Center account.

You could also use product filters to specifically show the products you want from the feed.

You can read this article for more details.

Hope that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Re: How to target specific keyword with high bid in Product Listing Ads campaign?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi vistastores,

What you could do is use the Adwords_label field to filter the products in your feed. In this case, you could place "sofas" in the Adwords_label field for the sofas. Then in AdWords, create an ad group within your PLA campaign for sofas, and filter the product feed for adwords_label = 'sofas'. Then place a higher default bid on that ad group.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Great ideas! Pankaj and Petebardo have some great thoughts here. As Pankaj mentioned PLAs are not triggered by keywords in your AdWords account, so using filters or labels to ensure that your PLAs only trigger for your Sofas can help you target your PLAs more appropriately. 

Hope this helps. 

A.