AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to target people anywhere who show INTEREST in my location: Travel Industry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Background: I operate touristic excursions in a Caribbean country and want to set up AdWords campaigns to drive more e-commerce conversions (e.g. tour bookings). My organic ranking is very good but I have seen a lot of competition lately on PPC results.

Question: Considering that I want to sell to anybody anywhere (where English is spoken) with an INTEREST in booking excursions in the location where I operate, which combination of target location/advanced location options is best for my campaigns?

What I fear is that by using: Targeted location: Dominican Republic/Target: People in, searching for, or who show interest in my targeted location I may be missing out on a lot of people outside my country of residence (80% of my clientele is US-based with the INTENT of traveling to Punta Cana (a place for which Google does not provide specific targeting) in the Dominican Republic.

So another solution may be just to target people in the United States and then add "Punta Cana" to every keyword in the list.

What is the right way to go about this targeting challenge?

Thanks in advance. Best,

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alejandro B
September 2016

Re: How to target people anywhere who show INTEREST in my location: Travel Industry

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Alejandro,

You are advised to use this configuration: *Targeted location: Dominican Republic/Target: People in, searching for, or who show interest in my targeted location*. It will not be missing out on search queries coming from outside the Dominican Republic. I would add terms like *punta cana* etc. as keywords.

Best,
Lakatos