AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to target indians who are in france in display network

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We have a Display network campaign which is targeting indians who live france for a while also who are settled in france.

We set our language setting like targeting french, hindi(we like to target few more languages like tamil, telugu but these are not available in language settings but thats fine). 

In our campaign targeting keywords are in english but our ads are in french.

The problem is we are getting impression and clicks but they are not converting. 

So we thoght that are we getting relevant clicks ? because keywords which are in english might see from pakistanis and srilankans (Yup its awkward but we have a keywords that brings srilanka tamil and hindi known other country people ! this mainly because of indian movies(bollywood))

So we want to know how the indians use the language settings from france, where we find these data?

Or else is there any way we can find users language settings from our google analytics account which is connected with googl adwords.

Could anybody suggest the solution for this ? it will be very helpful 

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author balaji j
September 2015

Re: How to target indians who are in france in display network

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,
It's not recommended to use different languages in one campaign , you should create seperate campaigns for each language, and also the landing page should be in the same language of your campagin.

To know what are languages the users from France use to browse your site, from Google anayltics choose Audience> GEO> Language and choose the secondry dimension Country/ territory( that's the easy way). But I recommend to create view filter for France only to have more organized data and save time in the future.

But keep in mind, you should understand how Google determines language (In brief Google determine language by Google domain interface and  on the display network may determine it from the language of the pags that someone is viewing recently .)

Read more about Language setting and how Google detect language of users:
https://support.google.com/partners/answer/1722078?hl=en&ref_topic=2799685

Read about Google Analytics View Filters and how to creat view filter based on specif location:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034773?hl=en&ref_topic=1034830

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Balaji

Since you are running a Display Campaign, you can target India as a interest in Interest & Re-marketing Targeting option. In last "Other Categories" section, select "World Localities" then Asia, then South Asia and their their you have option to target India as a interest.

img5.JPG

My inputs!

Abhishek

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,
It's not recommended to use different languages in one campaign , you should create seperate campaigns for each language, and also the landing page should be in the same language of your campagin.

To know what are languages the users from France use to browse your site, from Google anayltics choose Audience> GEO> Language and choose the secondry dimension Country/ territory( that's the easy way). But I recommend to create view filter for France only to have more organized data and save time in the future.

But keep in mind, you should understand how Google determines language (In brief Google determine language by Google domain interface and  on the display network may determine it from the language of the pags that someone is viewing recently .)

Read more about Language setting and how Google detect language of users:
https://support.google.com/partners/answer/1722078?hl=en&ref_topic=2799685

Read about Google Analytics View Filters and how to creat view filter based on specif location:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034773?hl=en&ref_topic=1034830

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;
Google uses a number of techniques to determine the user's language. Mainly, the user browser language settings;
If you assume that your (targeted)  users (Indians)  who live in France, speak also  French and  / or English - I would set two separate campaigns: One in French; and the other in English;

In both campaigns  pick Hindi as a targeting language (in addition to French and English) to target users who are physically in France, but use their browser UI in Hindi;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Since you are using the GDN you should also look at your managed placements - for example - I am based in Spain and a number of my local clients look to target other expats like myself - so I target things like the UK news sites - I'm sure Indians in France also look at Indian news/sports sites - I know they can't watch the cricket on French TV!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

A convoluted expensive alternative :

- advertise first on a social network, where it is easy to target the nationality of a user ,  with the method CPC to a landing page isolated from your site and place a remarketing tag on that page. Bidding for 150 clicks from a social network costs in my country around 15 $ ( 10 cents per click). This is enough to gather the audience needed in AdWords.

- then use the remarketing audience from AdWords to follow those visitors anywhere in the GDN.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Balaji

Since you are running a Display Campaign, you can target India as a interest in Interest & Re-marketing Targeting option. In last "Other Categories" section, select "World Localities" then Asia, then South Asia and their their you have option to target India as a interest.

img5.JPG

My inputs!

Abhishek

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Ya abhishek we already have a intrest category as said (targeting india) but is this ok to run this adgroup with display keywords ?

Most cases keywords restrict the traffic percentage

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, the more targeting methods you combine, the less your reach. IMO, try running it with relevant display keywords for some time and measure performance over time for the conversions. Also, i suggest that you make English language ad copies in the campaign.

Sorry, i misunderstood you point as you have you have written "We have a Display network campaign which is targeting indians who live france", so i thought that you want to target indians in france.

Abhishek

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
sorry i made a mistake we only targeting indian expats in france(so indians only : ) ). The things we use display planner to find the keywords which generic and old