AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to target deep URLs as a targeted placement with Display Campaigns

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I'm having some issues with targeting specific deep link URLs as a targeted placement on the Display network.

Does anyone know if this is possible? When trying to submit the placement it shows an error about the URL not being valid.

I've included an example URL below:

http://www.simplyhired.co.uk/a/jobs/list/q-waxing+therapist/l-london

Thanks for any help

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
February 2016

Re: How to target deep URLs as a targeted placement with Display Campa

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Matt,

You can target placements that are deeplinked to only 3 levels. so basically you can have only 2 '/' in your managed placement URL.

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Sheweta.

Any idea where this is mentioned on AdWords? Couldn't find it anywhere in their help guides.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Matt,

Before I posted this I was looking for the links to share anyways which I couldn't find.. so I reached out to my Google rep and they gave this to me on mail. Please see the screenshot below:

dirLevel.png

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Shweta that's great.

I don't really understand why Google has to keep this policy "hidden". It was actually another Google rep that encouraged me to use deep linking in my placements, not the combination of deep linking with contextual targeting that I had setup myself.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having a similar problem locating where my target URL have gone to... I had 3 set up that were working very well and went to add another and it seems to have reset the parameters so that I cannot easily find the add url target panel. Does anyone know where the Target Url panel is now on Display ads? Your help would be really appreciated.

Matt T wrote:

Hi,

I'm having some issues with targeting specific deep link URLs as a targeted placement on the Display network.

Does anyone know if this is possible? When trying to submit the placement it shows an error about the URL not being valid.

I've included an example URL below:

http://www.simplyhired.co.uk/a/jobs/list/q-waxing+therapist/l-london

Thanks for any help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to target my ads to appear on a url in this case Tripadvisor and would be grateful of some pointers. Thanks in advance.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’