AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to switch managed placements back to auto?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a display campaign and recently changed the bids on some auto placement which made their status show as "managed". I would like to revers back to auto but don't know how. when i set the bid field as empty it would go back to the default ad group bid but the status remains "managed". How can i switch these placements back to auto?

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JulianaS (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: How to switch managed placements back to auto?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Laith, 

To enabled automatic placements, we have two options which are either removing the managed placements or switching the placements from 'Target and Bid' to 'Bid Only.' With 'Bid Only' selected, we'll show ads based on other targeting methods that you've added, but you can still set bids on this method to increase your chances of showing there. You can find out more about switching to 'Bid Only' here

For option number two, you can delete managed placements by completing the steps below. 

1. Go to the Display Network tab at the ad group level.
  2. Click the Placements tab and look for placements with the status "Managed." Placements with this status are the placements that you've added to your ad group. You'll only be able to delete placements that have a "Managed" status.
  3. Select the placement you'd like to delete by selecting the checkbox to the left of the placement name.
  4. Click the Change Status drop-down menu above the placement.
  5. Select Delete.
  6. Click OK, and your placement will be deleted.

I hope this helps and definitely let me know if you have any additional questions. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JulianaS (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: How to switch managed placements back to auto?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Laith, 

To enabled automatic placements, we have two options which are either removing the managed placements or switching the placements from 'Target and Bid' to 'Bid Only.' With 'Bid Only' selected, we'll show ads based on other targeting methods that you've added, but you can still set bids on this method to increase your chances of showing there. You can find out more about switching to 'Bid Only' here

For option number two, you can delete managed placements by completing the steps below. 

1. Go to the Display Network tab at the ad group level.
  2. Click the Placements tab and look for placements with the status "Managed." Placements with this status are the placements that you've added to your ad group. You'll only be able to delete placements that have a "Managed" status.
  3. Select the placement you'd like to delete by selecting the checkbox to the left of the placement name.
  4. Click the Change Status drop-down menu above the placement.
  5. Select Delete.
  6. Click OK, and your placement will be deleted.

I hope this helps and definitely let me know if you have any additional questions.