AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to set up different bids for Product Listing Ads based on price?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I set up my p[roduct listing ads to bid certain amounts depending on the price of the product.

For example, if the item sells for $100, I would want to bid $.10 white something that sells for $250+ we would want to bid $.25 or more on.

Any idea how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Re: How to set up different bids for Product Listing Ads based on pric

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Babys D and welcome,

You could look into using adwords labels or grouping in your feed and use it to set pricing brackets for your products.

Then when you set targets for your adgroups you are able to select the adwords labels and set the bids according to your price bracket.

This should let you do what you want but please let me know if you have any questions. Happy to help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your response and warm welcome Purefuzz Smiley Happy.

I am using Magento and are using the uploading to load the products onto Google. How would I be able to implement the solution you recommended?

Thanks again!

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Babys D,

I've not used magento so can't be sure here. Does it upload your feed directly to the merchant center for you?

For the labels to work they have to be a field in the data feed so AdWords can pick it up.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, it automatically uploads the products to my adwords account...

What is the specific field that need to be included?

Thanks again for your help!

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

OK, it sounds like you are at the very start of getting this set up so you'll have to do a few things to get it working for you.

You need to have a merchant center account as this is where the PLA's come from.

You need to link that to your AdWords account and then submit a feed to the merchant center and this is where the adwords labels are needed.

I'd imagine you can do an product export from magento and you should be able to use it to create your feed? If not maybe try this magento extension I came across. It may help get the feed you need.

How to set up your PLA's -  This should guide you through the process.

Give it a try and let me know how you get on.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks so much - I'll try it in the morning and let you know how it goes Smiley Happy