AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to set a custom alert on Change History?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

Is it possible to create a alert on all history change? I need help on this, please suggest.

Thanks

Hemant

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to set a custom alert on Change History?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Hemant,

Thanks for posting to the Community. As far as I know, there is not a way to create an alert or notification when something in the account is changed.

If you are concerned about other users making changes, I'd recommend revisiting the user permissions under the settings page in the top right of your account.

Let me know if you have additional questions,
Cassie

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Hemant,

Continuing the Cassie's statement, you can not get alerts through adwords if there has been any manual change in the adwords account but if the changes have been made using any rule(automated) you can opt for alerts for those automated rules.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Hemant K in theory you could build an alert system, but it could be quite complex, depending upon how large your Account is and what level of detail you wanted to monitor.

What I'm thinking is that you could export a "snapshot" of Account elements to an external spreadsheet using Scripts, then compare the values in that spreadsheet with the current values in AdWords.  So, if on Monday "keyword A" has a CPC of $1.00 then on Tuesday when the script runs keyword A has a CPC of $1.50, it could issue an alert.

I stress in theory because it could end up issuing hundreds of emails if there are a lot of valid changes being made.

Can you give us some more details of exactly what - and why - you'd like to track?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply Jon, Actually me boss want to see every changes of account level. Dose it possible by Automated rule, because yesterday i checked an automated rule for History changes but still i am unable to us it, If anyone know about it then please share...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Hemant K sorry, can I clarify, you want to see only changes at the Account level (not sure what those would be), or all changes in each Account?

Either way, Automated Rules don't have what's needed to make this work and if you want to track all changes across all Accounts, it'd be impossibly complex.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits