AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to set Bidding rules to Geography and Months

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there, 

Please take a look into my scenario: after reviewing the data, I need to adjust my bidding based on the locations and months eg: increase 10% in USA in Oct, Nov and Jan; while stay sill in Jun, July; and decrease in Feb ....other locations just like that. Please help me to do so?! My campaign has several locations installed. 

Look forward to hearing any idea. Thank so much you guys!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mai Yen
December 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

I don't believe it is possible without getting a script written.

My recommendation is to give each location their own campaign. Then use automated rules for specific dates.

By giving them their own campaigns, the performance of each location will be far easier to see.

Creating copies of existing campaigns is easy with AdWords Editor.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Thank you so much for taking a look into my problem.

I am thinking about the scripts now, however, I just wonder which one  is a better solution in my case - writing a script or create copies of existing campaigns? 

I got several locations but I just want to adjust some of them to the location and months like this. The others will stay still! 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Of course the other option is make the adjustments manually, if it is only once per month. Set yourself an alarm in Outlook/your phone/whatever and just do it when the time comes.