AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to run a short-term campaign within budget?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm aiming to spend $200 on AdWords over the course of 4 days on a particular campaign. If I set my daily budget to $50/day and schedule my campaign to run for only 4 days, will I spend the $200 or will the "actual daily spend push me over my $200 budget?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Darren T
September 2015

Re: How to run a short-term campaign within budget?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I would still set the daily budget to $50/day and see what happens on day 1 and 2 then make adjustments. I would also run automated rules on the last day to check the level of spend in your campaign every hour and pause when it hits a certain level. That way you don't have to worry about going over.

Go to all campaigns and click on "automate" then "Pause campaign when"
Select the campaign you want to apply this to then put in your cost > 45 (or however close you feel you can push it or have budget left from other days).
Set the frequency to One Time and set the hour.
Then make another rule with the same parameters, but the next hour.

I'm sure there is a better way, but this way should work. Or, if you don't mind the possibility of going over, then I'd just set $50/day a leave it.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472779?hl=en

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Darren,

From this help page, you can read that the Daily spend can be exceeded by 20% , but on a monthly basis it would be normalized to reach a maximum of 30.4 x daily budget.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375423?hl=en

To avoid over spending try adjusting the budget at 80% from those 200$ or after 3 days check the spending in the billing section and adjust the budget to fit the remaining of the 800 $.

Use scheduling to stop the campaign after 4 days.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;
Since daily spending can be up by 20%,  assuming a monthly budget; the best advice is to watch your spending daily, and stop your campaign when reaching the limit;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Darren T
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I would still set the daily budget to $50/day and see what happens on day 1 and 2 then make adjustments. I would also run automated rules on the last day to check the level of spend in your campaign every hour and pause when it hits a certain level. That way you don't have to worry about going over.

Go to all campaigns and click on "automate" then "Pause campaign when"
Select the campaign you want to apply this to then put in your cost > 45 (or however close you feel you can push it or have budget left from other days).
Set the frequency to One Time and set the hour.
Then make another rule with the same parameters, but the next hour.

I'm sure there is a better way, but this way should work. Or, if you don't mind the possibility of going over, then I'd just set $50/day a leave it.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472779?hl=en