AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to replace a banner used across multiple campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a flash banner in many campaigns which i need to substitute for a new version of the same banner which has only very minor changes. I would like to do a mass substitution of the old banner for the new one. What is the best and quickest way to do this?

I have tried using the Adwords editor but the volume of campaigns and ads is really a lot. Hoping somebody knows an easier way to do it

Thanks,

Cormac

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to replace a banner used across multiple campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Cormac, the Editor is going to be the quickest way to replace an animated Ad of any kind.  I'm intrigued, how many Ads/Campaigns do you have that all use the same Ad?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Good question Cobnut - sounds bloated to me, too

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

thanks for the reply. I have a lot of display network campaigns with many ad groups. With the 8 different sizes of this banner i have in total 162k instances of the flash banner which i need to replace.

Any help is much appreciated :-)

Thanks,

Cormac

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I managed to do the change with the Editor, took about 1hr of upploading though. If anybody knows a quicker way please let me know for the future

Thanks,

Cormac

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Cormac, the reason David and I wanted to know was because this sounds like a strange situation.  If this is a single Ad (in 8  sizes) it's difficult to imagine how it could be efficient to use the same Ad in over 20,000 Ad Groups.  I can appreciate that the same Ad might be used for differently targeted Campaigns where the regions speak the same language or for other variations, but I struggle to get anywhere close to the number you've described.

Can you give us any insights into what you're doing that needs 20k Ad Groups, all showing an identical Ad?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi,

i have multiple blast campaigns which i have received from Google to get as large as reach as possible in display. These have many ad groups of smaller number of similar keywords which leads to the same ad appearing many times in a campaign

thanks for the help,

Cormac