AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to remove user account access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Friend ,

I give administrative account access to my clients , they miss use in account. 

then i change access level - and grant him read only access 

but they are able to modify and create campaigns how it possible. 

plz help 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to remove user account access

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Raj Singh,

Firstly, read only access doesn't allow any actions apart from just viewing. Could you check the account access page if your changes were saved?

Secondly, if you're managing a client's account you can give admin access and ask them not to make any changes without discussing with you. Try educating them on how it would affect account performance. I'd suggest this because clients have all rights to have admin access to their AdWords account. Google's policies also suggest the same about client managed accounts.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Re: How to remove user account access

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Raj,

Sumanth is correct that with read-only access no edits should be possible. I also agree with Sumanth that a client should have the right to have admin access to their account, in case you later decide to part ways. I know it can be frustrating to have clients that make changes without talking to you because it can disrupt performance and, as Sumanth suggested, I think you should discuss that with your client.

To answer your question, though, there are a couple of things that could be allowing them to make changes. It's possible that the account is part of an MCC. To check if this is the case, please go to the "Account Access" page. In the first box, you will see "Users with account access". Firstly, make sure there is nobody in that box that has anything other than read-only access. Secondly, there may be a box below "Users with account access" that says "Client Managers". In the "Client Managers" box, it would show if the account is part of an MCC. If it is, then they can edit it through that connection. It's also possible that they had set up automatic rules. If this is the case, you should be able to tell by the change history since rules are denoted with 'automatic' messaging.

I hope this helps!

Amy Bishop
AmyBishopMarketing.com