AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to remove the remarketing tag option from my AdWords account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I have a lot of headache with something that might be really easy, but I can't figure it out.

I wanted to set my first dynamic remarketing campaign, but instead of choosing to use the existing Google Analytics Universal code I already had installed on my website, I chose to set up the remarketing tag. I chose the business type travel, the obvious choice, since I have a travel agency, but then a support lady told me I had to choose "other" because otherwise I would have to set up a Google Merchant account which is not enabled for my home country.

Everything is very confusing. At this point I would like to know if I can, and how, change the settings of using the remarketing tag because now I have both options 'travel and 'other' enabled (see photo below). All help is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Diana

Untitled.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to remove the remarketing tag option from my AdWords account

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Diana,

Which code you want to delete or edit?

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Archit,

Thanks for answering.

I deteled the remarketing tag from my website, but my AdWords account is still set to use this option instead of Google Analytics option. What I would like to know is how can I go back to Step 1 mention below so I can check the box with Google Analytics instead?

Step 1: AdWords will create the remarketing tag for you. You'll be able to email the website remarketing tag or mobile app tag ID to yourself or your webmaster, along with instructions on how to add it to your website or app. If you use Google Analytics, you’ll see a checkbox to use the tracking code that’s already on your website instead.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

To use your Google Analytics tag instead of the AdWords remarketing tag, you’ll need to have the following:

• Google Analytics tag on your website.
  • Linked AdWords and Google Analytics accounts (when linking your accounts, you'll need administrative    access to the AdWords account and edit access to the Google Analytics account)
  • Remarketing and advertising features enabled in Google Analytics.

If you dont have GA account then you can sign up for a GA account with the same ID as of adwords as this will be most convenient to manage the accounts.

Now, how to process with the:

• Remarketing and advertising features enabled in Google Analytics.

Please have a look at the screenshots:

audiences_censored.jpg

You can custom define the audiences by clicking the pen icon.

garemarketing_censored.jpg

Hope it will help you. Else feel free to post again.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Smiley Happy

How to remove the remarketing tag option from my AdWords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi;

what if i want to edit my remarketing code instead of Google Analytic? Can I remove or add the business type option in remarketing tag?