AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to remove duplicate keywords at once

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I had a list of a thousand keywords with different match types. I removed all of these to have only one type of match type and find myself with thousands of exactly identical keywords.

Is there a way on AdWords Editor 11 to delete all duplicates (and leave only one of each keyword)?

At the moment, I find myself forced to filter all keywords per error status and delete manually every duplicate - which is bound to take me hours.

Thank you for your help,

Audrey

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Audrey F
September 2015

Re: How to remove duplicate keywords at once

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
After you run Find Duplicates tool, use one of Select Duplicates By options to select all but one keyword in each group. Once selected, use Edit > Remove or just press Delete key.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Audrey,

There's an option on Adwords Editor on "Tools" and then "Find Duplicate keywords". There you have a few options to go with.

Important thing is that this tool help you FIND the keywords, but does not excluded. This is a user side action, so it is up to you.

More about this here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/47633?hl=en

Hops this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello leandrofm,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this post.

Unfortunately, I already know how to find duplicate keywords and the graal I'm looking for is really how to erase them. This seems to confirm my worst suspicions: this feature is most likely not supported by Editor 11...

Thanks again though!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Audrey F
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
After you run Find Duplicates tool, use one of Select Duplicates By options to select all but one keyword in each group. Once selected, use Edit > Remove or just press Delete key.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Fantastic! Thank you Igor. I'll try this new trick next time Smiley Wink