AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to prevent automatically assembled display ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am running a remarketing display ad campaign with a number of banners uploaded and a couple of text ads. However, in many cases these banners/texts are not delivered, instead some automatically created display ads are shown which mostly are a combination of a random banner or logo plus a text ad. Oftentimes these creations look distorted and don't fit at all. How can I prevent that or switch it off?

Thanks

Stefan

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2015

Re: How to prevent automatically assembled display ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Stefan S,

Google AdWords interface allows advertisers to build HTML5 Display Ads right inside the browser interface. You, somehow, must have built one or more such ads for your campaign. If you do want them actually and would like to use your own custom banners instead, get ahead to pause them. 

Go to Ads tab after clicking your remarketing campaign name from left sidebar. You will find ad names like - Automatically Layout Ad, Balanced Design Ad etc. Now hit the green dot just before the ad in the same row and select Paused

It should help, if it doesn't, feel free to post back. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2015

Re: How to prevent automatically assembled display ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Stefan S,

Google AdWords interface allows advertisers to build HTML5 Display Ads right inside the browser interface. You, somehow, must have built one or more such ads for your campaign. If you do want them actually and would like to use your own custom banners instead, get ahead to pause them. 

Go to Ads tab after clicking your remarketing campaign name from left sidebar. You will find ad names like - Automatically Layout Ad, Balanced Design Ad etc. Now hit the green dot just before the ad in the same row and select Paused

It should help, if it doesn't, feel free to post back. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.