AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to prevent ads from showing on mobile devices and tablets

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there.

I want to prevent my ads from showing on mobile devices and tablets. I only want my ads to be shown on desktops and laptops. Is there anyway to do so?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nariman H
September 2015

Re: How to prevent ads from showing on mobile devices and tablets

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nariman.

Yes you can prevent it mobile devices. Just got to settings then you will see 4 different tabs - 

mobile adjustment.png

Click on the devices tab. This will redirect you to - 

set mobile.png

Now select the check box and click on set mobile bid adjustment, elsse you can click on the dash at bid adjustment column. Now you can decrease the bid -90% to stop showing ads on mobile.

increase.png

For more information click here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2732132?hl=en

Thanks,

Kaushik

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nariman,

Welcome again. Hope you are doing great. 

In the present set of available options with AdWords  you can use device bid modifiers to decrease the likelihood of your ads appearing on mobile devices.  You can set a modifier to be -100%. It will stop your ads on mobile devices, but not on tablets. Yes, you cannot exclude tablets.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nariman H
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nariman.

Yes you can prevent it mobile devices. Just got to settings then you will see 4 different tabs - 

mobile adjustment.png

Click on the devices tab. This will redirect you to - 

set mobile.png

Now select the check box and click on set mobile bid adjustment, elsse you can click on the dash at bid adjustment column. Now you can decrease the bid -90% to stop showing ads on mobile.

increase.png

For more information click here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2732132?hl=en

Thanks,

Kaushik

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks @Ratan-Jha , yes, I checked it and my problem solved. I also noticed that we are able to do it even for tablets.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

On Tablets? I would be interested to know how? If you could share please. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Oops! I need to correct myself. You are right, tablets option is there but we are not able to change it. Thanks for the help

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Thanks Nariman. I thought there was an update in the interface which I missed. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha