AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to organize campaign for different landing page domains with same keywords & ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to test three landing pages for the same set of ads and keywords - one page on my site, and one page on each of two marketplace sites that offer my product (yes, I'm trying to send traffic to someone else's site).

URL 1: domain.com/myproduct

URL 2: somewhereelse.com/myproduct

URL 3: athridplace.com/myproduct

When I put three ad variants in the same ad group with different destination and display URLs/domains, I get disapproved for violating the "one display URL per ad group" rule.

If I put the three ad variants into three ad groups, then I'll end up competing with myself (because each of the three add groups uses the exact same keywords).

So, how should I use AdWords to test three landing pages at three different domains?

One solution I've found is to create the three ad groups, each with same ads and keywords but different destination/display URLs - then pause two and run one group for a while, then switch the running group, then switch it again - but this is not ideal because I have to wait three times as long to get my results.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How to organize campaign for different landing page domains with same keywords & ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Maybe a goofy question but if you are just interested in testing the effectiveness of a landing page why not put them all under the same domain use one adgroup with three ads and each ad points to a page i.e. page a, b, c and then rotate the ads evenly to get an idea of what landing page does best?

If you really need to keep the three separate domains you may want to try ACE - AdWords Campaign Experiments http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2385204

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How to organize campaign for different landing page domains with same keywords & ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Maybe a goofy question but if you are just interested in testing the effectiveness of a landing page why not put them all under the same domain use one adgroup with three ads and each ad points to a page i.e. page a, b, c and then rotate the ads evenly to get an idea of what landing page does best?

If you really need to keep the three separate domains you may want to try ACE - AdWords Campaign Experiments http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2385204

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can't put them under the same domain because I'm specifically trying to test landing pages at different domains!

My test is analogous to:

MyDomain.com/shoes

Amazon.com/shoes

Zappos.com/shoes

Does that make sense?

Great suggestion re ACE - I'll try that out!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

yes it makes sense I was just not totally sure about the purpose of the landing page testing Smiley Happy so ace seems like a good fit.

take care.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

i am not sure about the policy now is it possible to run same content with different domains?.
for example
www. sunnyenclave.co.in & www.sunnyenclavemohali.in

or

http://yellowstonelandmarkinfocity.in
http://www.yellowstone.net.in/

I am really surprised to see the same.but kindly guide us..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@mccombs - You cannot have different display/destination URLs within a given ad group - thus both of your examples would not be allowed.