AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to merge adgroups together

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Can you please send me an article on how to merge adgroups together?

Also, I would like to know how I can locate duplicate keywords and phrases in multiple, disparate, locations.

Thanks!

Brad Ranks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to merge adgroups together

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Brad !

Merging groups is a 2 step operation, you can use the online interface to select all the keywords then "More actions" then Copy to the ad word you want to keep and you must check the keyword bid too. Then do the same with the Ads . After you check that all is ok pause the old Ad Group , because if you deleted it just hides the data from the interface, it will not be permanently deleted.

You can also use the AdWords editor for the copy-paste operations and for duplicate key search. Here is the documentation for finding duplicates

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/47633?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to merge adgroups together

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Brad !

Merging groups is a 2 step operation, you can use the online interface to select all the keywords then "More actions" then Copy to the ad word you want to keep and you must check the keyword bid too. Then do the same with the Ads . After you check that all is ok pause the old Ad Group , because if you deleted it just hides the data from the interface, it will not be permanently deleted.

You can also use the AdWords editor for the copy-paste operations and for duplicate key search. Here is the documentation for finding duplicates

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/47633?hl=en