AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to manage bids for keywords with top page bidding limit?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I would like to know more about the bid management options:

Currently I am using Manual bidding for all my keywords and create some automatic rule to manage my bids with some CPC limit. If Google Adwords top page bid tab show some times lesser than the bid i would fixed. 

Now i want to manage my bid that is equal to top page bidding shown by adwords tool, how can i do that.?

Manoj

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to manage bids for keywords with top page bidding limit?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Manoj,

Did you try Target Search Page Location Flexible Bid strategy. This particular strategy tend to aim and try your ad to be shown on top of the page or atleast first page search results.

More details can be found here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2979071?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Manoj - 

There is an Automatic Rule already available in AdWords to do just that! Select the "Raise bids to top of page CPC when..." option in the Automate drop down menu. Then you can set all the conditions you would like for this rule - how often it runs, what keywords it runs on, as well as set a CPC bid cap you don't want to exceed. 

2015-03-26_1039.png

Also - remember that the bid you set is a maximum and often not what you end up paying for each click. Bidding higher than the Google top of page bid as a strategy may still be a benefit to you - the "Top of Page Bid" in AdWords is the minimum suggested bid if you want to appear above the organic search results as opposed tot he right hand side bar. This is not a bid that guarantees a 1st ad position. It can be any of the "top" ad positions which can be the 1-3 ad results above the organic listings. The number of top positions varies and is based on the number Google determines for each individual keyword auction. 

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have more questions.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Liz L,

Thank you for your Information !!

I would use all the above techniques with my campaign.

When I use Automatic rule, It would help me to achieve the position. but if the adwords change the top page bid after my rule ran, it would not decrease my Max CPC. That is the problem now am facing.

Is there any solutions for that to maintain my top page Bid that is recommended by Google every time.

Thanks
Manoj

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
As Pankaj said use top of the page flexible bid strategy, this will ensure your goal is completed. However this will automatically increase your bid whenever other competitor increase so to i would prefer to set a max cpc in this bid strategy