AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to keep separate accounts from competing in the same auctions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

2 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have different clients in the same industry. How to keep separate accounts from competing for the same keyword searches is the goal. I thought there was a doman exclusion feature  for this but can't seem to find it in Adwords or searching on Google. LOL

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Wayne,

You can exclude webpages and apps or exclude audiences, but those will not prevent different clients from competing in the same auction. 

One way to do what you want to achieve is with ad scheduling. Determine the strongest performing days and times for each and then set up scheduling.

Kind Regards,

James 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

It is a common problem for large agencies and there isn't an ideal solution. They were going to compete regardless of who is managing them. You could proactively not accept new clients who compete with current ones...

It gets especially difficult when the you have, for example, tradespeople as clients, who often want to be the #1 ad. So perhaps choose which client you will please.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

exclude webpages and apps works great for display but looking for something to use in Search.  Currently using ad scheduling all my accounts are not big enough to fill the space and would like to fill the space with no overlap 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

currently all my client are not large enough to fill space for one keyword and would like to rotate them until space is fill