AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to install Remarketing Tags for multiple sites to target 1 site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have 1 main website (for example: www.abc.com) and 20 satellite sites with good traffic to exploit. I know that it's possible to install remarketing tags for 20 satellite sites to build remarketing lists from those sites and use their traffic to target for the main website (www.abc.com).

My problem is that I don't know how to install the remarketing tags for 20 satellite sites in details. I have tried the method suggested by Adrian B and Cobnut but it's not detailed enough to proceed.

Let me explain briefly their method: I created new remarketing list in my Adwords account (this account links with the main website I want to make remarketing ads) -> Choose visitor with a specific tag -> New Tag -> Google provided me a new Remarketing Tag. I have not tested by installing the tag into one of my 20 satellite websites because they suggested I should customized the remarketing tag by custom parameter before installing. I don't know how because I'm not a tech guy. 

I have 2 questions:

1/ Do I have to customize the remarketing tag given to me by this method? If yes, could please give an example of your remarketing tag so that I can adjust accordingly with my websites?

2/ If the remarketing tags were installed correctly in one of our satellite sites, not main site. Is it possible for me to target based on specific URL of the satellite site rather than all pages of the satellite site? If yes than how can you target like that?

Thank you for your help!

Tommy

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tommy L
September 2015

Re: How to install Remarketing Tags for multiple sites to target 1 si

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Tommy,

As far as i understand, you do not need to tweak your remarketing code in any way before adding it to your 20 satellite websites. The remarketing code is a sort of counter which keeps a track of all the visitors to your website/webpage and allows you to remarket to them at a later point of time.

I know for a fact that this will work for you because i have the same setup for a bunch of sister brands that provide the same service but at different levels. My remarketing campaigns retarget users visiting my sister brands websites and vice versa. Now to answer your 2nd question: Yes, you create lists that consist of users who have visited a specific page of your website. You only need to select the "Visitor of a Page" option in the "who to add to your list?" dropdown.

Once this is done, click on "Show Advanced Options" and you will have a screen something like what I have show below:

Remarketing - 1.png

Once you can see the advanced options, just go ahead and chose the "URL Contains" option and put in your webapge URL there. If you wish to remarket to users who have gone through various pages ( pages you are concerned with) you can just click on the "+New Condition" option and add another URL and so on.

The list populated here will consist of users who have visited any of the pages that you have specified in the conditions i.e. these are OR conditions. So you do not need to worry about your list size being too small.

Do give this a try and let us know the results.

Cheers,

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tommy L
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Tommy,

As far as i understand, you do not need to tweak your remarketing code in any way before adding it to your 20 satellite websites. The remarketing code is a sort of counter which keeps a track of all the visitors to your website/webpage and allows you to remarket to them at a later point of time.

I know for a fact that this will work for you because i have the same setup for a bunch of sister brands that provide the same service but at different levels. My remarketing campaigns retarget users visiting my sister brands websites and vice versa. Now to answer your 2nd question: Yes, you create lists that consist of users who have visited a specific page of your website. You only need to select the "Visitor of a Page" option in the "who to add to your list?" dropdown.

Once this is done, click on "Show Advanced Options" and you will have a screen something like what I have show below:

Remarketing - 1.png

Once you can see the advanced options, just go ahead and chose the "URL Contains" option and put in your webapge URL there. If you wish to remarket to users who have gone through various pages ( pages you are concerned with) you can just click on the "+New Condition" option and add another URL and so on.

The list populated here will consist of users who have visited any of the pages that you have specified in the conditions i.e. these are OR conditions. So you do not need to worry about your list size being too small.

Do give this a try and let us know the results.

Cheers,

Shashank

Cheers,
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Awesome. I have installed exactly as you says and everything works well. Thanks for help!

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Hi Shashan,

Sorry for opening up this old thread. But figured no point creating a new one when you answered this perfectly well.

My question is the actual technicality.
For example, I have abc.com and abcpromos.com
I want to have a list for all abc.com and parts of abc.com

So how would I put say,

abc.com/* (all the pages in abc.com)
and
abc.com/*cabletv* (pages that have cable tv in their URL)

in the URL contacts spot?
Can I just put them there as I typed it above?

Thanks!

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi Mark,

Apologies for the late reply! Yes, what you have mentioned above is perfectly fine. Just for the second option when choosing a specific URL, there is no need to mention the URL again E.g. - www.url.com/page1. Just mention the key phrase by which you can identify the page e.g. - URL Contains 'cabletv' .

Also, advice you to just take care of the condition you are using when creating the rules i.e. 'URL Contains', 'URL Ends in', etc.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Shashank

Cheers,

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Thanks Shashank!!