AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to insert most specific user location in Ad extension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Does any one know any way to insert most specific user location in Ad extension for the search network. I am exploring the possibility to insert extension say " Get Delivery in x". x is the the most specific location in the city recognized by google. 

I am able to do this in Ad content using customized ads but i cant figure out a way how to do this in Ad extensions. 

Best,

Pinshu

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to insert most specific user location in Ad extension

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Pinshu
I can guide you to an earlier thread which I am sure will answer your question, if not then please feel free to get back here. Here you go https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Advanced-Features/Dynamic-Location-insertion/td-p/17607

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
Thanks for your response.

I saw that thread before. If you scroll to the end of this thread, i noticed someone mentioned that this features is no longer available. It seems the official reply from google community manager. so i didn't go down that road exploring further.

So you are suggesting this feature is still available even for extensions? Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Pinshu S,

I took a look at the thread and the last post says Google support had told him it still works as of 7-7-2014. I have no idea other than that!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Basically i am trying to insert user specific location in the city in the sitelink. So for example if the user is searching for "order food" in area (zip code;505060, area name: ostkreuz) then sitelink "get delivery in ostkreuz" will show up if i have campaign targeted to location 505060. How can i achieve this? we are already doing this for Ad using Ad customiser but for site link ad customiser doesn't work

i tried dynamic location insertion to insert user location in sitelink. i uploaded all my location in my google business and later sync them to adwords. Upon doing this, i could see feed automatically created in shred library with the name "Google My Business locations". After that i created sitelink " Get delivery in {lb.Addressline1:Bangalore}. The sitelink got approved and everything looks go so far but when i preview the ads, unfortunately the sitelink remains as it is without replacing the value of addressline1. Why is it so?