AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to increase rank in CPA bidding type

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I am having an Adwords a/c in display network which is under CPA bidding and I found that my impression share lost due to rank is increasing, I want to know how to increase rank in display network using CPA bidding. I am using themed, quality & relevant keywords.

Also I want to know is their any way to check quality score in display network because i am not finding any option in columns tab.

Thank you,

Regards,

Deepak

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author deepakvyas612
September 2015

Re: How to increase rank in CPA bidding type

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Deepak,

One of the main reasons your CPA campaign will lose out due to rank is that your current CPA bid is competing against stronger advertiser campaigns. You might simply have to increase your target CPA To be more competitive.

Did you set your target CPA to what was suggested or did you go lower then the recommended CPA?

If you went lower, google may not think it can hit your target CPA and really drop your bids down to a position where your potential traffic can drop of a lot. 

Some publishers will only show a certain amount of ads and ad sizes. Try to make sure you have as many of the ad sizes active in your account so you do not limit the publishers that can display your ads. Use text ads as well as image ads, this helps your overall coverage potential as well.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Deepak,

In addition to Purefuzz spot on suggestions, Even if you are keeping CPA bid as recommeded by Google or you are keeping CPA as per your own choice and observations - I would advice you to check CPA for each adgroup for last 7 days or 30 days and keep few % more then cpa you are acheving at the moment. Because Google recommendation are based on whole campaign Average CPA but each adgroup CPA's are different. 

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you purefuzz and Neha,

I kept my CPA bid lower than google provided me because it was bit higher than my monthly budget. Now your advice will surely help me.

I also want to know is there any way to have see quality score in campaign with display network because i didn't found any option in column tab.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Deepak,

Quality score works differently on the display network so you can't see this information like you can on search.

AdWords looks at your ads performance on the site AND similar sites you can appear on. 

You don't need to worry about this too much but you still want your keywords, ads & landing pages to be as relevant as possible to the sites you are appearing on.

This might mean splitting up your campaigns into managed placements so you can control them a bit more.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you again purefuzz for your wonderful reply.