AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to increase Ad ranks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

Some times I got message that your ads are not showing because of low ad rank and this is calculated based on your bid and Quality score but my quality score is 5 to 7 and bid is above the avg bid. So I want to know why Google shows that I have low ad rank.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to increase Ad ranks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Gurpreet and welcome,

Ad Rank is a dynamic metric and is calculated everytime your ad gets into the auction process. Mathematically Ad Rank= Quality Score X Bid, so if your Quality Score is good, you will have to pay less and your ad rank will be good. But if QS is low, your ad rank will also be low and you will have to pay more.

I would encourage you to go through this video where Google's Chief Economist Hal Varian explains about this magical metric:

Work in terms of optimization strategies to fine tune your campaigns.

Look at the keyword match types and see if you are using excessive broad match type keywords. If you are, then try to introduce some other match types like phrase and exact matches.

Look at the search terms report and identify the irrelevant queries so that you can include them as negative keywords inside your ad groups or campaigns.

I would suggest you to work in getting the exact queries which you have in your campaigns as keywords. That's going to improve the CTR and further your Quality Score of the account.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Re: How to increase Ad ranks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj

Thanks for your kind response.

What do you mean when you say "work on getting the exact queries which you have in your campaigns as keywords". Where can one find what these queries are??

Thanks
Tom