AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to improve CTR of Remarketing Campaign?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I am currently working on a online car's project. I have created a remarketing campaign for this project. Please I am getting very low CTR 0.12%. Please tell me how to optimize best remarketing campaign for better results? Should I have to create different ad-groups for car models?

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to improve CTR of Remarketing Campaign?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mandeep,

Remarketing is an advanced technique and method availabe for optimizing ads on Google Display Network. Generally, you don't get a god CTR as you get in Google search network. So, as per my understanding, you shouldn't be much concerned about CTR on Display network

What you should be concerned over here should be the targeted users who have already visited your site in the past and haven't converted for you. Try to create campaign with theme based ad groups depending upon the business model you have.Split your text and image ads in separate ad groups or campaigns to better optimize them.

Read more about various strategies possible in Remarketing here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2476691?hl=en

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
I think this CTR is not so bad. TO improve it further, you can create different remarketing audience list (rule based) for different product category and then you can use then in different adgroup with more relevant ads.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Mandeep,

In addition to what Pankaj & Anil said above, If you really want to improve the CTR, you can use the frequency capping. Frequency capping can limit the ad appearance to individual users.
If a users see your ads regularly, it is the chances that users will frustrate with yours ads.
So to avoid this, i would suggest use the frequency capping. It will help you to improve the CTR in the Remarketing campaigns.
Please read the below thread for more info:-
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results/What-s-the-advantage-of-using-frequency-capp...
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Mandeep, further to the replies you've already received, I'd also look at the Placements in which your Ads have shown with this Campaign.  While you're only showing your Ads to people on your Remarketing list, you may well find that the performance of your Ads is much better on some Placements than on others and you should be able to exclude Placements that perform poorly.

Go to your Campaign, choose the "Display Network" tab, then the "Placements" sub-tab.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

To add a different perspective, let me say I've seen remarketing campaigns with 4% or 5% or 6% CTRS--but not in the car industry. Different industries perform differentl, but 0.12% does sound rather low, even for this industry.

Three things to consider:

#1 - How well your remarketing does depends on how "focused" your original visitor pool was. The more actual interest the visitors had in a car when they first visited, the more likely they are to come back and visit the site again. Are your other marketing efforts--the ones driving the first visitor traffic--very broad or narrowly targeted?

#2 - How likely someone is to return to your site depends a lot on how much they liked your website. Are you sure your visitors are having a good enough first experience to be willing to visit again?

#3 - Remarketing needs to offer some incentive to return. A discount or a coupon or at the least some kind of additional information that encourages visitors to return.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

All of the messages on this page have been extremely helpful. I discovered one more tip. Look at your "membership durations" in audiences. If they are for too long a period, they may not be as likely to convert as a more recent action taken by the audience member. For example someone who put something in your cart 365 days ago may not convert as well as someone who put something in the cart 10 days ago.