AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to have 2 different ad ideas for top and right ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Both the position should have different writing choice

Pls advise how to do 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to have 2 different ad ideas for top and right ads

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

HI

I believe you are treading very choppy waters here. 

1. Make sure you dont fall under double serving policy

If you dont fall under that then you can try creating rules for avg postion worse than or better than for both of your ads. 

This will not give you an exact control over top and side ads but you can control it to some extent assuming that on an average 2 ads are shown at top. 

I have seen top vs side segemnetation report in API but not sure if that API is available outside reporting. 

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi amanbhatia,

There is no way to control which ad in an ad group is shown--not based on keywords, not based on position, not based on anything else. It's only based on a percentage and your ad rotation settings.

Automated rules will not help, they do not run for every auction, only on a schedule.

You can control how your top position ads appear by using punctuation. If you put a period (.) in the first line of the ad copy, that line will be appended to the headline when displaying in a top position. It will appear in its normal layout when the ad appears in a side position.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

HI

Ooops sorry i thought i was talking about 2 adcopies at the same time on same SERP Smiley Happy

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog