AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to get a 60-character headline

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I want headline of ad to be 60 characters long as I have now seen google adword supports 60 characters in headline. Please help me with steps of the same. I would like to advertise in Asia,India.

You can get back to me on <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to protect privacy and account security.
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Swicons
September 2015

Re: How to get a 60-character headline

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello @Swicons,

The most probable scenario for this ad is - Dynamic KeyWord Insertion, or Dynamic Search Ads. 

If you use DKI in the headline, sometimes it skips the actual headline length and comes up with bigger headlines. The same applies in the event of DSA as well where headline is picked up and inserted dynamically into the ad headline. 

The long link that you see in the bottom of the ad is Dynamic Sitelink. 

In short, these three scenario viz. Extended Headline with Punctuation, DKI, and DSA are the only ways where your ads can have bigger headlines. There's no separate method to have a longer headline specifically 60 characters. 

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Swicons,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

You can watch this video for the explanation - 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,<br><br>I know this concept of video but I saw an add on google that has 60 characters without hypen in between . <br><br>For eg. the one below<br><br>Bathroom Interior Designers &amp; Decorators in Thane West, bhandup<br>Adwww.sulekha.com/Interior_Designers‎<br>Home/Office Interior Designers in Your City, Get Contact now!<br>Sulekha.com has 1,183 followers on Google+<br>Vikas Deshmukh Architect Interior Designer in Thane West, : Sulekha
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Swicons
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello @Swicons,

The most probable scenario for this ad is - Dynamic KeyWord Insertion, or Dynamic Search Ads. 

If you use DKI in the headline, sometimes it skips the actual headline length and comes up with bigger headlines. The same applies in the event of DSA as well where headline is picked up and inserted dynamically into the ad headline. 

The long link that you see in the bottom of the ad is Dynamic Sitelink. 

In short, these three scenario viz. Extended Headline with Punctuation, DKI, and DSA are the only ways where your ads can have bigger headlines. There's no separate method to have a longer headline specifically 60 characters. 

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Swicons,

Yes. Its possible. However, for Google to show your ad like that you need to ensure that each line in your ad should be a distinct sentence and ends with proper punctuation.

Read the below articles to get a better understanding:

http://adwords.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/longer-headlines-for-select-ads-on.html
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Extended-Ad-Headlines-The-Fluctuation-of-Punct...

Happy to help you. Smiley Happy

Regards
Rohit Khanna

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I was talking about the top of headline i.e "Bathroom Interior Designers & Decorators in Thane West, bandup"
And if DKI, and DSA are methods of extented ads please provide with steps of each.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Swicons,

To get the longer headline, your ad needs to be in a top position. When your ad is in a top position, the second line of the ad will be added to the first line of the ad, if the second line ends with a period (.).

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords