AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to get Google+ reviews to show up in ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My competitor is getting their Google+ reviews to show up in their ads.  How are they doing it?  They only have 16 reviews.  I have 34.  Any suggestions or tips? Please see attached picture.  My company name is Anne Quinn furniture how did competitor get reviews to show up.jpg I have my Adword account linked to my Google+ page.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to get Google+ reviews to show up in ads

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
This is Seller rating extension and has nothing to do with Google+. Please, check this article: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375474?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

The reviews that are showing up from the competitor are showing up from
their Google+ page. Not sure how this isn't related to Google+?

https://plus.google.com/+ZenliaSolidWoodFurnitureStoreToronto/about?hl=en

Maybe my question should be how to get Google reviews to show up?

Thanks, Brian

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Sorry, I am wrong-- this is not seller ratings extensions.

As far as I know, this is Google+ Local reviews and AdWords Express is currently the only ad format that shows those Places Reviews.

Let's ping some of our community managers to confirm this @CocoP @KathleenG

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Brian,

I think your competitors are running their ads through Adwords Express. That's why their Google plus review are showing up. You also have to try running your ads through Adwords Express so that you reviews can show up with your ads.

Cheers,
Nouman

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Brian,
For Social Extensions in your ads, your Google Plus page must have at least 100 Followers, or some significant followers.
Typically this number is around 100 Followers, However it may vary from business to business. After crossing that threshold we can see our social extensions in Ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Brain,

Three things to keep in mind if you want your reviews from Google+ page to show up with your ad:

1. Run your ads from AdWords Express. For this you need to verify you local business in Google My Business account and link it to your Google+ page. In order to do this you need to use the same email address to create an AdWords Express and Google My Business account that you use to login to your Google+ account.

2. Link your website to your Google+ page. You have to do this because you use your own website and not Google+ page as your landing page. (From the screen shot, the display URL of your landing page is 'www.anne-quinn.com/'). To do this, please follow the steps in the link below:
https://support.google.com/business/answer/4569085?vid=0-635783413649713960-1576134074

3. For the reviews to show up along with you ad, the Google+ page of your business should have significant number of followers. This number is at least 100 for most businesses.

Yes, it's requires quite an effort. And if your running your ads from AdWords (non-express), you can show third party reviews along with your ads. Please find the details in the link below:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3236114?hl=en&ref_topic=3119076

Hope this helps.

All the best!

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This year old thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

This will help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!