AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to get Auction type report in Display Camp.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

What report is available in display camp where i can find competitor idea about bidding, who is there in my ind. etc. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to get Auction type report in Display Camp.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Jeewan,

Unfortunately, there's no report for competition (similar to Auction Insights for Search) available for the Display Network, as targeting criteria are different than Search. However, you might want to add columns 'Lost Display IS (rank)', 'Lost Display IS (budget)' and 'Display Impression Share' to understand and analyze your Impression Share and where you're missing out.

Hope that helps,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Jeewan,

A small addition to what Sumanth said above, you can also review the Relative CTR for your Display Network campaign and see how well your ads are placed in comparison to other advertisers who might be bidding during the same auction and targeting the same placements and other available Display Network options.

More details can be found here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454071?hl=en

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Jeewan,

Unfortunately, there's no report for competition (similar to Auction Insights for Search) available for the Display Network, as targeting criteria are different than Search. However, you might want to add columns 'Lost Display IS (rank)', 'Lost Display IS (budget)' and 'Display Impression Share' to understand and analyze your Impression Share and where you're missing out.

Hope that helps,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Jeewan,

A small addition to what Sumanth said above, you can also review the Relative CTR for your Display Network campaign and see how well your ads are placed in comparison to other advertisers who might be bidding during the same auction and targeting the same placements and other available Display Network options.

More details can be found here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454071?hl=en

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Pankaj & Sridhar Thank you very much for replying my query. I have two more question ?

1. Suppose my Relative CTR is 1.2X, what should i understand, is it good, average or bad
If it is bad, what is the good value

2. For my search camp. (last 14 days), there is "-" appearing in Relative CTR column , why it is so.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

You're welcome, Jeewan!

Firstly, 'Relative CTR' is a metric confined to Display Network and hence it is not applicable to the Search Campaign. It is a ratio of your CTR to the average CTR of all advertisers, on websites serving your ads. Speaking of a good number, 1X CTR means your ads have an equal CTR as your competitors ads are receiving. A CTR of 1.2X means your CTR is better than that of your competitors.

Here's an example from the help center:

Let's say that an advertiser who sells digital cameras is getting a Display Network CTR of 0.05%. The advertiser is appearing on a single page about photography on the Display Network with three other advertisers. The other advertisers are getting CTRs of 0.005%.

The first advertiser is getting a CTR that is 10x larger than the competitors' CTR (0.05%/0.005% = 10). Because people are more interested in this advertiser's products, this advertiser has a very high Relative CTR (10).

More info about the metric here.

Hope that helps,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar