AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to get Ads from selected or Filtered adgroups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

I'm trying to get all the ads from a bunch of selected adgroups but i don't know how.

My problem is that i have over 500 active adgroups in multiple campaigns. If filter out the adgroups that have conversions i get about 100 ad groups. But now i need the ads from those ad groups, because i have to change the landing-page urls. How do i go about doing that?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to get Ads from selected or Filtered adgroups

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

You can filter the ads based on the selected ad groups,

Go to Ads tab > Click on Filter dropdown > Click on Create Filter > Under filter search Select Ad group/Ad group Name and click on Apply.

Thanks

Raghu

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

You have a very broad campaign and in your question i have some suggestions

Have you tried AdWords Editor http://www.google.com/intl/en/adwordseditor/  ?

Definately will save you time because you work offline and upload all the changes once.

If you still wanna do the changes from the online Interface then i suggest to you to :

You said :  If filter out the adgroups that have conversions i get about 100 ad groups. But now i need the ads from those ad groups, because i have to change the landing-page urls.

After you apply as you mentioned above  the first filter  why not go at the ads tab and short the results by conversion ? 

There you will find first in the list only the ads with conversions

You didnt specify in your question if you wanna change the landing pages of the ones that convert or the ones that didn't convert. 

I assume that you want to change the landing pages of the ones that didn't convert.

As i told you above 

After you apply as you mentioned above  the first filter  go at the ads tab and short the results by conversionand at the bottom of the AdWords Interface change the option Show Rows to 500 which is the maximum Number.

I would still thow suggest to you to try the AdWords Editor , for a large campaign lie the one you mentioned its the only tool that realy saves the day Smiley Happy 

George Gemenetzis
Don't forget to Star or credit an answer as an AdWords Accepted Solution if it helped you.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

From Adwords UI:

Go to Ads Tab > Select Filter> conversion >=1 to see all the ads that has received converrsions. (make sure to select correct date range). Similary Go to Adgroups Tab> Select Filter> Conversion>=1, you will see all the adgroups that has received conversion so far.

From Adwords Editor:

Download Statistics: Please see the below screenshot:

Once you download statistics >> go to ads tab and sort data by conversion and change destination url. You can also use Advanced url changes for destination url changes.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But the problem is that if i go to ads and filter on conversions i won't get all the ads in the selected ad groups, only the ads that have conveted, and the i will end up with ads in the same ad group with different landingpages, and that is not what i want.

Say ad group A has 3 ads, 1 ad has a conversion. But i need to change the landingpage url for all ads in that ad group i cannot filter by conversion on ad lvl.

What i want to achieve is change all the landing paegs for ads in all my ad groups that have converted, because the site has changed and we dont have the same landing urls, and the redirect kills the tracking. So i kinda quickly need to fix the landing page urls for my best ad groups.

There might be a way thourgh the editor and i will try that.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hello BeBetterOnline,

Yeah Editor is the quickest and easiest way to make multiple changes in less time.

Download Adwords Editor if you have not so far

http://www.google.com/intl/en/adwordseditor/

Do let us know if you face any other issues.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Check below the screenshot,

After selecting the adgroups Click on the Apply. You will get the stats only from the selected ad groups. 

Download the report, Modify the changes in the excel as per Adwords requirements and upload through Editor.

Hope this Helps

Raghu

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I regularly use the editor, and i cheched now but im not sure how to get ads from filtered adgroups there either. I know i can filter on ads, and ad groups, but i need the ads from filtered adgroups, not filtered ads. Is there a way to do that i the editor?

Simply put: i want all ads from adgroups with 1 or more conversions.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

See if you want to use the same landing page url for all converted adgroups adcopies.. therez one indirect way.

Just go to Adgroup Tab in adwords editor>> Sort by conversion>> Select all the adgroups that have received conversion >> Right click and select Append text to seleted items. Now Add "AAA Converted_" and select Before Existing Text. Now Click Append TExt

Now go to Ad tab and Sort by Adgroup Name & select all the adcopeis and change the Landing URL.

Edit: Before Uploading changes online. Go to Adgroup tab Again & Revert changes made to adgroup. 

Hope it helps!

Thanks
Neha

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author BeBetterOnline
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

If you are familier with the Adwords editor. There is a bit work to be done on Excel. If you are good at excel please follow the following steps,

After downloading the stats to editor take all the Ads to the Excel > Sort by conversions > Copy the Adgroups row which has generated more than i conv > Take them to the new excel and remove duplicates > Map the adgroup using Vlookup function in excel.

You will get the all the ads for the adgroups which has generated more than 1 conversion.

Hope this helps

Raghu