AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to get 500 clicks per day with AdWords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am new to AdWords. To say very long story shortly: I need to get 500 clicks per day, how can I do that?

With 5 USD budget I was able to get 120 clicks, with 10 USD - 180 click. Then I rise the budget to 20 USD I got ONLY 220 clicks. Why AdWords asks for more if I rise the budget, instead of giving more (proportionally) traffic?

Is there any tutorial: How many ads I should have? How many keywords is better to have in each ads? How much clicks each keywords must have to make correct desiccations about its quality (bounce rate)?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion or tip

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How to get 500 clicks per day with AdWords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Check this article:

About The AdWords Auction

You'll find many more helpful articles in the users  article section of the Community. (On the upper navigation bar)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply and link, I will study them.

Until now I did many experiments with AdWords (including paying 0.8-1.0 USD per click) but the result is the same. IMHO there are too much fake clicks generated by bots via proxy. SE traffic sent by google to my web site is two times better than one bought from AdWords (bounce rate, everate time and visit depth), is that OK?

I was expecting that adwords will provide lowest price market for the best traffic. I am a bit disappointed...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Google does a pretty good job filtering illegal clicks. So, I would look again at the data. In many cases, clicks that, at first, seem to be illegal, are found legitimate, when analyzing the data, (How are you analyzing the data?)

In the event that you still think that the clicks are illegal, you can contact Google's illegal clicks team using this troubleshooter:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=ts.cs&ts=2557048&from=2557048&rd=2

As for your second question: "traffic sent by google to my web site is two times better than one bought from AdWords"

This is a much more complex than first seems. Driving quality traffic to your site is what AdWords is all about... Smiley Wink You'll find many discussions held on the topic. (Run a search, using the search box at the top of the page. Many of these discussions were rewritten as articles, posted in the users articles sections). Here are a few to start with:

1. Landing page - high bounce rate BUT also high conversion rate
  2. 80% Average Bounce Rate
  3. Increased CTR, Conversion, but bounce rate skyrocketed

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

> Google does a pretty good job filtering illegal clicks

It seems to be true... I did not put any money during last couple of days (as I said I was frustrated with result) and my balance went to zero. Today I noticed incoming traffic from AdWords, so I checked the balance and there was about 10 USD, which AdWords refunded. So it looks like AdWords needs some time to detect fake clicks... this is cool from the point of expenses but I still unable to calculate correct bounce rate. Those fake clicks are still presented in my analytics report and causing high bounce rate.

> In the event that you still think that the clicks are illegal

IMHO there are no flexible way to disable clicks from certain domains. When I selected search network, I mean that I need traffic only from google search. At the same time google treat traffic from parked domains as search one. While this is far from true. To disable traffic from parked domains I need to enable display network, otherwise I will have no be able to reach the display network tab to disable it...

> This is a much more complex than first seems

I guess I understand what do you mean. Recently I found one keyword, which looks absolutely relevant to my web site but had very high bounce rate, just two pages depth (very low for my web site) and about a minute as visit duration. Yesterday, I removed that keyword and today the everage bounce rate lowered by 12%, plus visit duration doubled. So it looks much more complex than it was said in video tutorials.

> How are you analyzing the data?

I have couple of pages which user should reach. That's the goal to me... Right now I am fully concentrated on visit duration, depth and less on bounce rate. The most important for me is the % of returning visitors. The referrer traffic has about 35% of returning visitors while AdWords traffic has just 19%. Is there anything else I could monitor?

Thanks a lot for your links. At least I have something to read and analyze. I will go thought all of them and if I have a question, I hope I could post it here? Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's getting more and more complex. I had another counter installed on my web site which also has a feature to see what users did on web site. So I wanted to see what users from AdWords did on my web site. I thought that it may help me understand what I am dong wrong. Instead I found very strange facts:

1) I cannot find about 80% of AdWords traffic at all. There are SE traffic from google or other search engines, there are referer traffic or direct one but I have no idea where is the most traffic from AdWords? I am speaking about expensive clicks.

2) Also I noticed that the keywords which I managed to find are coming form such countries as: Horvaatia, Romania or undetected countries. That's despite the fact I told AdWords to send traffic only from US, CA, GB and AU.

Is that a bug or AdWords feature?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author YehudaKatz
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello again;

You are probably using a third party tool to  track traffic, and those are not fully compatible with Adwords. Thus the differences.

The best, is to use Google Analytics, that can be linked to AdWords, and track traffic coming from Adwords campaigns.

Google says:

To accurately track traffic to your ads, we recommend using Google Analytics, a free, comprehensive tracking tool. Advertisers who create a Google Analytics account automatically enable a useful feature called "auto-tagging." Auto-tagging appends a unique identifier to an ad's Destination URL each time it's clicked, which makes it much easier to distinguish real ad clicks from misleading behaviours such as page reloads. Google charges at most once for each unique tag (if we determine that the click is valid).

Read more:

Differences between AdWords and third-party data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

> The best, is to use Google Analytics, that can be linked to AdWords, and track traffic coming from Adwords campaigns

You will not believe but I already have it linked. I also have problem with Google Analytics. I have the same gols setup in AdWords and Analytics. The AdWords said that I had 6 goals yesterday, while Analytics says that I had only 1 Smiley Happy

Do you want to say that traffic from AdWords has different referrer than traffic from google search? How traffic from AdWords should look like? (what is referrer) I need that because I want to see what those users are really doing and why they are not completely happy about service.

I am confused with outcome because I am providing paid service for FREE (kind of promo). Why user who is searching for 'free shoes' come to my web site which provides 'free shoes' and leaves it in 10 sec. I have that problem only with AdWords traffic, as I said before: SE, direct or referrer traffic are working well.

Right now I have switch everything to following strategy: reduce CPC to 5 cent and attract as much rubbish traffic as I can. The traffic quality is not connected to CPC. Even more the higher you pay, the higher is chance that you will be cheated by fake click. It is better to concentrate on cheaper traffic. What do you think about this strategy? Do you have any suggestion about it?

Thanks for your time and support

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

P.S. I read all the links you gave me above and I reached one very interesting idea. It may seems simple but I have no idea why it did not come to my mind: always send user to final (buy) page, avoid any intermediate ones. I am going to make experiment with another web site which is dedicated to paid service.

P.P.S. I get lost with exit and bounce rate calculations. I have no idea why bounce rate is 50% if certain page is included 4 times in 5 sessions. Should I submit new post to different section regarding that?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author YehudaKatz
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I was right about fake traffic. Recently there was one expensive click from US. I can see it in AdWords and I can see it in Analytics. The analytics says that user spend 0 seconds on my site. I move to 3rd party counter (number one after google) and what I can see? There are no even one user from US for last 6 hours... I can imagine that 3rd party counter cannot detect referrer, but please do not tell me that it cannot detect user's country properly... So that user simply DOES NOT exist.

If I could somehow remove that fake traffic then AdWords would be awesome traffic source. Until then I am still in doubt, is it worth to pay 2-4 USD per ONE real click or not...

Probably it is time to close the thread. Unfortunately I did not get any answer and I have nothing to share with you guys. I hope you will be more lucky and have success with AdWords. Wishing you the very best.