AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to find Competitors target location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I want to get to know the target location of my competitor. Forexample, if my competitor is targeting the audience of USA, how can I find out the states of USA in which he is running the ads, so i will run the ads there as well. Can you please tell me if there is any way of finding it the states where my competitor is running ads ?

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to find Competitors target location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Josh,

You can use the Ad preview tool to find it. Choose specific states as location and search with relevant keywords. You can see your competitor ads.

You may be able to find where your competitor is running their ads, but how will you know that those campaigns in specific locations are a success (there is no way). What if they are losing money with those campaigns?

And there is no guarantee that a successful target area for them will be a successful target area for you!

My advice is don't follow your competitors, just follow your customers. Run a campaign across the US if you have the budget to do that. Analyze the geographic report. Find where your potential customers are and target them with specific campaigns.

My thoughts,

Deepak