AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to filter out paused ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a filter that will show ads that meet certain criteria and are also not "paused" (either paused ad or paused ad group.)

On the Keywords tab, I can filter by keyword status and check/uncheck "Keyword paused or deleted" and "Campaign or ad group paused or deleted."  On the Ads tab, there is only "Ad approval status" which does not have an option for "paused."

I know I could sort the ads by status, so all paused ads show at the end of the search results, but then I lose the ability to sort by other criteria that I need to sort by.

Is it possible to filter out paused ads in the UI, without importing the data into Excel?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JoMo (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: How to filter out paused ads?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Kasia,

Try assigning a 'Label' to your paused ads. You can then filter by label type.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

BI

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JoMo (Google Employee)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Kasia,

Try assigning a 'Label' to your paused ads. You can then filter by label type.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

BI

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Kasia,

@Bluelon has a good idea. You can also filter any ad that has 0 impressions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
this is sad, isn't it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you both, BlueIon and David, for your replies.

@David

Filtering by ads that had at least 1 impression will not give me the same results as filtering out paused ads, since it will still show ads that are currently paused, but were running earlier during the period of time I'm looking at. (Unless I'm missing something, I can't specifically filter to exclude ads with 0 impressions?)

@BlueIon

Assigning a label is a really interesting idea (and I'm so grateful for this new feature!). I have over 10,000 ads (with more than half of those being paused ads) in my account, so assigning the "paused" label manually sounds like quite a lot of work. But once I do the initial work, I would only have to maintain the labels and remember to add it to recently paused ads. I think I will try this solution

Thanks again!

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Kasia,

When looking at your ads, you can sort by column ( for example ad status) so that it groups all ads with the same status together. This way, you can use the 'check all' box at the top of the page in order to select multiple paused ads at a time, which can help save time when applying labels.

Make sense?

Thanks,

BI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, that's how I was thinking of doing it. I still have to page through many screens of sorted results, but since there is no way to automatically filter out paused ads, this is still the best solution. Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kasia,

You can also try exporting the data in excel and then with pivot table or a simple filter you can get the enable ads under the column named "Ad state"