AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to expand truncated ad groups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I would like to know how to expand the Ad Group list in the sidebar.

It truncates it at 200 Ad Groups, and I don't know how to expand.

Please check the image below to see what I'm referring to and thanks for your input in advance :-)

screencapture.jpgHow to expand truncated Ad Groups

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jansie B
August 2016

Re: How to expand truncated ad groups

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jansie B as far as I know there's no way to force a display of more than 200 Ad Groups in the list.  However, there's several ways you can search more efficiently through a large number of such Groups; you can use the Search bar (visible in your screen shot) to filter by their names, you could use Labels and then filter by Label, or you could use the AdWords Editor, which allows full browsing of any number of elements.

As an aside, 200 Ad Groups in a single Campaign is quite a lot; is this the most efficient structure for your Account?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jansie B
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jansie B as far as I know there's no way to force a display of more than 200 Ad Groups in the list.  However, there's several ways you can search more efficiently through a large number of such Groups; you can use the Search bar (visible in your screen shot) to filter by their names, you could use Labels and then filter by Label, or you could use the AdWords Editor, which allows full browsing of any number of elements.

As an aside, 200 Ad Groups in a single Campaign is quite a lot; is this the most efficient structure for your Account?

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply. Guess I'll have to use search.

And yes, as far as I can tell, that's the best setup for hyper targeted ads. Trying to keep the costs low.

Thanks again for your reply. Appreciate your response.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Jansie B do you use the AdWords Editor?  It really does make handling larger Accounts a heck of a lot easier.

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon,

I do yes. But to be honest, I prefer working with Adwords in Chrome. Don't ask me why, but it just feels better. Personal preference though.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Jansie B I hear you.  In my chats with other users, use of the Editor varies from almost 100% right down to zero...  There are certainly some things I prefer to do in the browser (the AWFE), but there are other things where the Editor is by far the best tool to use.  The Editors best uses are for large scale changes (imagine changing the spelling of every occurrence of a word in every Ad, every Keyword, for example), and for building (Campaigns, Ads, Keywords, etc) where you want to have time to look over it all as you do it.

To be honest, with some of the large scale stuff, these days I'd probably dive into a Script and do it that way, but that's me.

Everyone has their own ways of working and there's no right way!

J

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I was thinking about that earlier...

Some things work better in the Editor, while the browser works fine for basics. Not a unified experience though, but like all things in life, using it more often makes it more simple to understand.

Thanks Jon!