AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to evaluate different keywords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm wonder how to evaluate diffent keywords, which lead me to the relationship between Click and Max CPC bid. For some weeks, I've found out that those keywords which the same Quality scores will get the realtion which the Ave Position like Click = SV x (C1 + C2/AvPos). It means that the relationship between CPC mainly depends on the way advertiser bids. I can't manage a way to build some kind of equation about CPC and Click and don't know what to do next. I stuck here.

Please share me some ideas! Thank you so much!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sang N
September 2015

Re: How to evaluate different keywords?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The search volume is in the Traffic Estimator ( soon to be upgraded to the Keyword planner)

You can also use the aproximate impression share info to calculate search volume.

For example if you have a <10 % impression share , and 750 impression, the maximum search volume could have been 750 x 10 = 7500

Impression share is an info column that can be activated for the keywords .

Here is more info about impression share

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Don't be horrified if you see big prices in the Traffic Estimator, they are averages for entire countries, you cannot select just a City.

With many negative keywords and a location restriction to a City, I could get prices per click 10 times less than the Traffic Estimator told me I would have to pay.

Also the matching of the keyword ( exact, phrase , broad modified, simple broad) can influence the price and the search volume, you should add all the matching variations of a keyword in the Traffic Estimator to see the differences.

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Sang N ! Welcome to the Community !

I replyed because I do not understand some of your variables and the main question :

1) What is SV ?

2) What do you mean by "click =" ? Is it number of clicks is it actual cost per click , is it the average cost between two clicks ?

3) What are C1 and C2 ?

4) Avg. pos in the formula is it only for C2 ?

About the " the relationship between Click and Max CPC bid" which you mentioned in the first line, that is already explained by the Ad Rank and bidding in the help pages and also here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRx7AMb6rZ0

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tks so much Andrian,

1. SV, I mean Search Volunm.
  2. Click I mean total Clicks of a keyword one can get at a CPC.
  3. C1, C2 I are two constant numbers.
  4. This equation is Click = f (Avg.pos)

Yeah, I can understand that kind of reation, however I want to find down a way to evaluate the efficiency among keywords Smiley Sad I'm so confused.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The search volume is in the Traffic Estimator ( soon to be upgraded to the Keyword planner)

You can also use the aproximate impression share info to calculate search volume.

For example if you have a <10 % impression share , and 750 impression, the maximum search volume could have been 750 x 10 = 7500

Impression share is an info column that can be activated for the keywords .

Here is more info about impression share

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?hl=en

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

"Click I mean total Clicks of a keyword one can get at a CPC."

Total clicks you can get at a certain MaxCPC is also evaluated and anticipated by the traffic estimator tool in your account.

They are just statistics from the past behaviour. The futue clicks depends however on the autonomus will of a mass of users who are never the same.

If clicks C1 and C2 are constants what do you want them to represent, costs like MaxCPC or avg. cpc or number of clicks for that avg. pos. like

I think your formula could be something like this :

Total clicks = [(CTR for pos X)  x (Impr for pos X ) ] + [(CTR for pos Y) x (impr for avg. pos Y ) ] , which translates into how many clicks were recorded when the ad was on the average position 3 for example plus how many clicks were recorded when the ad was on the average position 9 for example.

But you must translate in english what you want, it is unclear , you still didn't define C1 and C2 what do they represent

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Don't be horrified if you see big prices in the Traffic Estimator, they are averages for entire countries, you cannot select just a City.

With many negative keywords and a location restriction to a City, I could get prices per click 10 times less than the Traffic Estimator told me I would have to pay.

Also the matching of the keyword ( exact, phrase , broad modified, simple broad) can influence the price and the search volume, you should add all the matching variations of a keyword in the Traffic Estimator to see the differences.