AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to establish an effective keywords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just started to Google ads, a friend told me that Google advertising is the key of the keywords.keywords is correct, it will be better effect,those word is the right word, how to set up key words?

Re: How to establish an effective keywords?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

In order to know which search terms a user enters to potentially find your business on google search, you have to use adwords. That query data is no longer available for un-paid listings on google search, only paid listings (adwords). Is that what your friend was saying? How do you know if the KW's you are using are the right words? Use the search terms report!

Tom

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi jocelyn,

Welcome to the community!

Its a very good question. In order to establish effective keywords, Google AdWords provides various tools and features. To select closely related keywords you can use Keywords Research Tool. Once you are done with keywords selection analyse their performance for few weeks (Be noted that it takes times to gather data for your search term report). To identify your keywords performance you must have installed Conversion Tracking Code.

Once you have enough data in your search term report, perform following 3 strategies:

Keywords Sweeping: Exclude those keywords/search term that are taking your money but not giving you any conversions. Be careful in Match Type while doing this activity.

Keywords Graduation: Add those keywords/search term that are taking your money but giving you conversions at the rate which is acceptable by you.

Keywords Reformation: There may be more or less keywords/search-terms that are poorly performing for you. They might be giving you conversions but at the cost which is not acceptable by you. What I would suggest you in this, select few best of them and add them in keywords list by bidding lower than its actual cost. This would increase the chance to get conversions at comparatively lower cost.

I hope it will work for you. Smiley Happy

Regards,

Anand Vishwakarma

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Very professional response Anand... Reminds me of my younger days. Smiley Happy

Keep it up for as long as you can captain... It only get's harder over the years.

The forum is a great place to find your voice and build your audience, just remember - Own your content, build your brand!

Where do you work?

How can I find your blog?

Complete your profile captain, give me (and any potential prospects) something to click on (after interest is shown in your voice/brand) which generates (at least) some link juice, so you can get something of benefit out of your time in this forum! 

Make your brand (name) an effective KW term. 

There are no shortcuts... it just takes time. Smiley Happy

Tom

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much Tom.

I'm much delighted Smiley Very Happy.

I'm from India and work at CapitalVia Global Research Ltd. in Indore, MP.

I don't have any professional blog yet but recently I've written an article on "Google Display Network Campaign Optimization Tips". I'll appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks with regards,

Anand Vishwakarma

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

Sucks workin' for the man, don't it? Smiley Happy 

Let me ask you this captain - What is keeping you from your own blogger or WP.com profile / blog site? Who cares if it's "professional" or not? Sure everything you put on the internet exosts forever, but the key is to put so much relevant content on the internet, that "unprofessional" content gets buried over the course of time! If you are putting forth the investment of your time and effort purely for the company you work for, then promote that company, capitalize on the link juice, and get your scrilla / promotion. Smiley Happy

On the other hand, if you are putting forth this effort on your personal time, then, what's in it for you captain? Why not own that content, when google for example, provides the option. For example via a blogger domain?

I apologize for my negativity (and hope my comments were NOT taken as such), but I have seen too many aspiring professionals put in so much effort, for no (lasting) reward - When the return could have been doubled through the same property (google!), with no extra effort...

Blogger.com blog posts = AdWords wiki posts. Smiley Happy

You can install analytics, even run some (I think?) adwords ads to gain some SQ data in regards to your Blogger site.... But, You can't get that sweet, sweet, SQ data from the AdWords Forum. Smiley Happy

If you don't "own" the content, you can't gain the rewards. Smiley Happy

KW tool ideas and the what not are great, but.... IMO, those estimates are not the "key" to KW's. Smiley Happy

What problem do your potential customers have, that you may be able to solve?

There's just no way to answer that question in the SEO/SEM industry without the SQ report data.

Once you have that data, then you can use it to optimize your CMS platform to optimize SEO and SEM.

That query report data is the key though, and when it comes to google, there's just no other way to know for sure. - If, you're in it for the long run that is... Smiley Happy

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply, but I'm not very understand, you see this kind of understanding is correct.
1. Determine the key, according to the customer need to search habits to set up.
2. The search terms report, I have seen, but not particularly understand.
For example, my keywords is ABC, through the search terms report, it may appear BAC, may not with my product similar words, so how to set up?
3. The data, I don't understand you what mean.
Welcome to timely correction, jocelyn

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear jocelyn,

Did you go through the links I mentioned as anchor texts on Search Term report, Conversion Tracking and Match Type. If you go with that articles you'll surely understand what I meant.

For your better understanding take an example.

Suppose your keyword is "stock tips" then in search term report you may have different search queries related to this keywords like intraday stock tips, daily stock tips, stocks trading tips etc. Having a keyword doesn't mean that user exactly searches for it.

Your search term report says what your users write in search box for searching. It suggests the exact terms what user types in Google search box for searching a particular query. This may or may not be exact same as your keywords. Smiley Happy

I hope now you understand it better.

Regards,

Anand Vishwakarma

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply, very useful. I summarized a, don't know right: useful money to the transformation of a word, does not translate words delete or change.
But there is a problem came out, the work is need a great deal of data support, right.

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 10
Badged Google Partner

Yes! Exactly!

How does the saying go? The customer is always right.....

Especially when it comes to the query/ad/landing page combination.

Do NOT belive for a second the you or google know better than your customers what problem it is that your customers are trying to solve. When they tell you (via the search terms report) listen to them!

There is always (over time) one particular exact match SQ term theat generates more goal (whatever they are) completions than any other. That is the KW that is most relevant to your business - Regardless of that specific terms quality score, or any other factor...

Isolate and optimize that term. 

So, Jocelyn... The key to the KW's is having a goal to your advertising, and getting as much of that goal for the available budget as possible. The key to the keywords that is missing, is the goal...

What do you want someone to do after they click on your ad?

Do you track that somehow?

If you do, the "best" keywords to use will be obvious from the search terms report. They will be the terms that give you the most of what you want, the biggest bang for your buck, the most goal (conversion) completions for the least amount of money.

If, at this point clicks are the goal, then there you have it - Which SQ terms get you the most clicks for the least amount of money? Those are the "best" kw's!

The only way to know for sure is to look at the search query terms report...

You think, the "best" term is ABC, but your customers are telling you otherwise.

They say the "best" KW term is BAC...

So which is it?

Yep, the "best" term is BAC, that's what the people want, you're in the marketing business, so you give the people what they want, couldn't be simpler.

The customer is always right, everything you know is wrong... Welcome to the world of marketing!

Tom