AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to edit massively ads without losing its history?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I need to pause all the ads from a campaign and add new ones with the editor so I don't lose the history of them.

When I paste after editing on excel it omits some of them, and then replaces some of them instead of leaving them and creating new ones.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Luan R
September 2015

Re: How to edit massively ads without losing its history?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Luan,

You can pause your ads in the account and then you need to make a small edition to editor. Please follow the below steps:

Go to Editor>Go to Tools>General Settings>Import>Change settings to Create New Ads if display URL is different.

Once you are done with this, upload your bulk sheet & you will see new ads and with your old ads as paused. If this also doesn't solve your problem, then before posting your new ads to the editor add a special character to the display URL and upload it. Now you will see your new ad alongwith the paused ones. Once uploaded remove the special character from the ad

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Regards
Rohit Khanna

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Luan R
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Luan,

You can pause your ads in the account and then you need to make a small edition to editor. Please follow the below steps:

Go to Editor>Go to Tools>General Settings>Import>Change settings to Create New Ads if display URL is different.

Once you are done with this, upload your bulk sheet & you will see new ads and with your old ads as paused. If this also doesn't solve your problem, then before posting your new ads to the editor add a special character to the display URL and upload it. Now you will see your new ad alongwith the paused ones. Once uploaded remove the special character from the ad

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Regards
Rohit Khanna

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Hello Luan,

every new Ad or just edited Ad has its own history - new history. Statistics are always reseted.

Only way to change Ad text and do not create a new ad is when you are using parameters or ad customizers. This way you can add parameter that will dynamically change its value, but it will not create a new ad.

Alex

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Rohit, thank you so much! Finally someone found a way to do this! Smiley Happy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Luan, Happy to help you. Smiley Happy

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Rohit, do you use this workaround frequently? Don't you find it weird that the editor doesn't have a direct way of doing this?

Thanks a lot again!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes luan, i do. If my display URLs are same. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alex,

Regarding "every new Ad or just edited Ad has its own history - new history. Statistics are always reseted."

Do you have any reference from Adwords to show this?

Thank you for your input.