AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to edit Audience from Shared Library for Remarketing Campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm trying to view/edit the Audience settings from the Shared Library for a remarketing campaign I'm running.

Normally I went to the Shared Library and I could hover over the Audience name and there would be option to edit the member duration, find out the settings of the audience (visitors to specific pages etc) but I can't seem to do this now.

Does anyone know how to access these lists to view / change their settings? At the moment it just shows me demographic data of the audience.

Thanks for any help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to edit Audience from Shared Library for Remarketing Campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Matt T assuming the Audience is editable within AdWords (e.g. it's not imported from GA), you can still edit as you need, it's just a little hidden.

Go to the Shared Audience page and click on the name of your audience.  As you said, you'll see a page showing a breakdown of the details but at the top you'll also see a grey area showing details of duration, etc.  Over in the top right of this box should be a tiny pencil icon, click this and you'll get a screen allowing you to edit the membership details, including duration.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi @Jon_Gritton,

Thanks for your reply. I checked this and I see the grey box but no pencil icon - do you think it could be an access-level issue on the account, or that it had been imported from GA?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Matt T

When you look at the list of Audiences, what does it say in the column "Type"?  Is your access level less than Admin?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Most of these show Website Similar Audience / Automatically created, others say Google Analytics - so I imagine I can only edit them from within the Analytics account?

Thanks for your help