AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to disable Product Listing Ads from out of stock items?

bg
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
bg
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm currently running Product Listing Ads through adwords for most of my merchant center product feed. However, Adwords keeps showing ads for items that are both marked as "out of stock" and adwords publish "false". 

Here is an example: Example 1

I've highlighted the adwords publish field correctly showing up as false. Isn't the function of this field to specifically exclude this item from product ads? (also, notice the item is listed as out of stock!)

I thought this might be occuring simply because the items is showing up as "not yet searchable for product ads in the merchant center." However, it is searchable for ads... and is still showing up.

Also, here is another example: Example 2

This one is stating that it is searchable for ads despite being told not to publish!

Am I completely missing something here?

All of my items continue to show up for paid product listing ads despite the fact that many of them are marked as out of stock and also marked as do not publish....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author bg
September 2015

Re: How to disable Product Listing Ads from out of stock items?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi bg,

I don't know whether this will work for you, but I just leave those out-of-stock items out and update feed. I imagine you could add an adwords_label with a value of "in stock" or "out of stock". Then apply a filter to your product ad where adwords_label = in stock.

That's all I have!

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

bg
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
bg
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The adwords_label seems like the best route to try. I'll give it a go and see if that works.

I'd prefer to leave the items in the feed as that is what merchant center recommends. Also since the items would take 30 days to expire and stop triggering ads unless I went through and changed that parameter.

Still seems ridiculous that adwords would purposely ignore the "out of stock" availability field on PLA's when part of Google's evangelism of moving Shopping to being completely sponsored was going to be an increase in accuracy....

Thanks again for the thought- I'll give it a run!

bg
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
bg
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Seems to be working well. Thanks for the advice!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Thanks for the updage, bg. Glad that worked out for you.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords