AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to determine CPA for B2B PPC Campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi i am running a campaign for a educational website and i want to use CPA bidding for some of keywords like PhD thesis. The current average CPC for this keyword is 25 so what maximum CPA bid should i choose. Please help me.

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to determine CPA for B2B PPC Campaign?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sumit,

I would advise you to go with what AdWords suggests in the beginning. When you go to enable CPA, you would see an option that says Start with recommended bid. Go by this for sometime, may be a week or twoand then you can adjust it according to what your actual cost is and what puts in the most profitable situation.  

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, thanks for your reply!

Can you give an idea how much difference might be between CPC and CPA.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Sumit,

Certain conditions are required to be met before one can be eligible to use CPA bidding. If you are eligible, be informed that your CPA bid estimate depends on the number of conversons and your average maximum CPC bid for the last 30 days. To be more precise, it analyzes your existing cost per conversion to give you an estimate for the CPA. The CPA bid would analyze approximate equivalent maximum CPC bid .  Hence, there won't be much difference in initial CPA that you see. Though, there are other conditions as well that affect the CPA. 

The best would be to give it a go and experiment with different bids.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Sumit,

To clarify a bit further, CPC and CPA bidding are very different. With CPC, you're saying how much you are willing to bid for a single click. With CPA, you're saying you want to focus on conversions instead. To use this strategy you should have a large amount of conversion data, and a good idea of the cost per conversion you need to get a good ROI.

Your average cost per click may end up being similar for both strategies in the long run, but they have different priorities. I would not recommend switching to CPA bidding if you want the control over your cost per click, average position, or other metrics in the account.

Cassie