AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to create static image ads using Display Ad Builder?

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

My God, the Live Chat support on the weekends and late evenings is killing me. They never understand what I'm saying, and answer with something that is not related to the question!!

Anyway, hi.

So, I have ended up creating 3 sets of ads in an adgroup using the Display Ad Builder. However, the 3rd set, I went to "Ad Gallery" to create the ad since it seems to be static in nature. However, when I saved those ads - they got saved in HTML5/FLASH. 

My goal is to have simply static JPG style image ads because there simply isn't as much engagement (where my campaigns are) on HTML5/FLASH as much as statics. 

Can someone please tell me how to do this before I lose my sanity? lol

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to create static image ads using Display Ad Builder?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mark.
In the ad gallery, you can select the "Blank Template" ad to build your own. The rest are all animated in some form or another.

The obvious question arises here. Why don't you simply create your own static image ads and upload them as normal image ads?

Re: How to create static image ads using Display Ad Builder?

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Hi Dave,

Indeed, I used "Blank Template", and yet the saved ads were flash and HTML5. I was expecting to see them in the Image Ads section of Editor at the very least. I would expect Blank Template to save as one of the GIF/PNG/JPG at the very least but nada.

Good question - the answer is pretty simple. Ad Builder is a super-simple tool that anybody can use and have GDN ads up and running in no time. To come up with the same ads from a different software, it's a time-staking process that requires good knowledge.

Thanks for your input Dave, would love more of it!