AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to create specific dates, that are not reoccuring, where the ads do not run?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I'm trying to get my adwords campaign to not run on Christmas and New Years- How do I go about doing this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to create specific dates, that are not reoccuring, where the ads do not run?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi there

Go to campaigns settings and click on the ad scheduling tab which you will have to select that specific campaign and where you can see a option highlighted as +create custom scheduling for the specific dates and time  

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi @Bhanumurthy G,

With custom ad scheduling, ads can not be scheduled for specific dates.

Though you can schedule the ads for days of the week and hours of the day.

@VentureWeb Design Ltd I

You can create automated rule to stop all the ads for any specific date.

At account level, go to the Automate tab > pause campaigns when >

Apply to: all enabled campaigns

Requirements: remove this filter

Frequency: one time, mention the date, time(can use 12 AM), using data from same day

This way all your campaigns will be paused on a specific date and time.

Now, you need to create another rule the same way to make the campaigns enabled again.

Automate tab > Enable campaigns when

Make sure that while re-enabling the paused campaigns( by rule), you have selected those campaigns only.

If you will select all campaigns then any campaign which was paused earlier(not by rule), will also get enabled.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’