AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to create new display ads by editing old ones done by DAB?

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hello,

I have created a set of display ads using the Display Ad Builder and they are currently working fine. 

However, I would like to "Duplicate" the set and then change the copy on it. How can I do that?

It seems the only option I keep coming to is to edit the current set of display ads. 

Please advise.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark H
September 2015

Re: How to create new display ads by editing old ones done by DAB?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Another way of doing this is to create a new ad group and pause it.

In that ad group copy the display ads and edit them there, also change their name to avoid confusions.

At the end you will have the initial ads in the first ad group , and the modified ads in the new ad group, but the new ads do not run because the ad group is paused.

Last step is to copy back the 2nd set of ads to the first ad group and to delete the new ad group.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mark,

You need to create new ads by selecting the same template and making the changes like color and font!

https://support.google.com/partners/answer/2768626?hl=en

Deepak
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark H
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Another way of doing this is to create a new ad group and pause it.

In that ad group copy the display ads and edit them there, also change their name to avoid confusions.

At the end you will have the initial ads in the first ad group , and the modified ads in the new ad group, but the new ads do not run because the ad group is paused.

Last step is to copy back the 2nd set of ads to the first ad group and to delete the new ad group.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Hi Deepak,

Unfortunately, your answer doesn't hit the mark. I am looking for a way where the text ads have an option like "Copy and Edit" which allows me to create a new ad using the same data as the parent ad and then in there I can edit the copy of the new ad and save. This keeps the parent ad running, and creates a new ad where I change only what I need to.

Your solution is telling me to change everything but the copy.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Mark,

In that case try what Adrian has suggested.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

It would be much easier if this type of Ad had an option to "save as" under a new name with the new text, but we can only "save" under the same name.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Mark H

Have you tried straight Copy / Paste (Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V)?

You can then paste these ads into the same ad group or a separate ad group.

The Copy/Paste function doesn't copy your targeting over but does copy the ads.