AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to create geo targeted campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello experts,

I am ready to start campaigns which will going to target users from India. but i want to divide my campaigns in to city basis, like i want to create saparate campaigns for Delhi, Mumbai, Culcutta, and Chennai.  So i just want know, best way to create geo targeted campaigns.

1) Should i create different campaigns for all these cities or one campaigns and target these cities with that?

2) Important: if i create different campaigns for all these cities, then will my ads will get priority on these cities ?

3) should i create campaigns on the basis of keywords match type ?

Thanks

Pavan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pavan S
September 2015

Re: How to create geo targeted campaigns

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Pawan

There is no guarantee of priority as you are intending, it really depends on your QS for each keyword and search querry. If you have local offices in these cities you might think about adding city level keywords to make more ads more relevant.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pavan S,

Welcome

The best option is to create seperate campaign for each individual cities/states.Your ads will only appear to those people are searching from your targeted location.But in this case you have to choose the Advance Target option : People within my target location.

Thanks,

Shuva

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

1) Should i create different campaigns for all these cities or one campaigns and target these cities with that? : Although its great to create different campaigns for different cities but sometimes it gets too complicated to manage several campaigns. If you have upgraded to enhanced campaigns then you can create tightly themed campaign and then use city level bud adjustments for each city which you are targeting. 

2) Important: if i create different campaigns for all these cities, then will my ads will get priority on these cities ?

I am not entirely sure what do you mean by priority please elaborate

3) should i create campaigns on the basis of keywords match type ? : According to my experience you should have tightly themed campaigns and adgroups for each match time on each theme of adgroup. 

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Priority means ad rank of my ads. will my ads get higher rank in these cities ? in comparison to those ads which are targeting more broad region ?

Thanks
Pavan
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pavan S
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Pawan

There is no guarantee of priority as you are intending, it really depends on your QS for each keyword and search querry. If you have local offices in these cities you might think about adding city level keywords to make more ads more relevant.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik