AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to create displays Ads for App install, for iOS and Android

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I'd like to create banners for a display campaign for an app install campaign.

The app is available for iOS and Android.

Therefore I'd like to redirect Android users to the Play Store and iOS users to the AppStore.

I don't see the possibility to create an adgroup for Androids users and another one for iOS users to have the banners with the good links.

Any tip?

Best Regards

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to create displays Ads for App install, for iOS and Android

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Alexandre,

Operating system and device settings preferences are set at the campaign level, so you will need to create two separate mobile app install campaigns--one for iOS and one for the Android app--so that you can customize the apps users are directed to.

Hope this helps!
Cassie

Re: How to create displays Ads for App install, for iOS and Android

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Alexandre,

I would highly suggest to create a Universal App campaign. Biggest advantage is it will save more time and is optimized for installs. Kindly check the following resources on how to implement it. (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6247380?hl=en)

Android and iOS apps can be advertised only at different campaign levels, not at the ad group level. You can upload your image banners, once you have given the app info like name, app store and campaign type. You need to add images, just like how you do for a Display campaign.

Cheers,

Shafi Ahamed