AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to create campaign for multiple localities in India

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

We are Venue Booking Service providers and we want to publish Ads in a given city and also localities within the City.

Example

Blore: We want the ads to be displayed for the whole of city Blore( This is we know how to do)

In Blore there are several localities like Malleswaram, Jayanagar etc We want to show Ad for Venues in this locality.

Adgroup : Blore-Party Hall

Keyword : +Party +Hall

Ad headline : Party Hall in Blore

AdGroup : Jayanagar-party Hall

Keywrod : +Party +Hall

Ad Head Line : Party Hall in Jayanagar

On search of Party Hall" or "Party hall In Blore" It should Ad Party Hall in Blore

On search of "Party Hall in Jayanagar"  It should display Ad Party Hall in Jayanagar

The problem is if I add the locality name say Jayanagar in Key Word +party +Hall it show low search volume and the ad does not trigger.

If do  not add locality name in Key word then  +Party +hall will be shown as duplicate in both the ad groups

1. The question is how to create a single campaign where ads for city as well as locality within the city is displayed.

2.  Which of the below keywords is recommended and Why?

A) Key Word : +Party +Hall

B) Key Word : +Party +Hall + Blore

Thanks & Regards

Re: How to create campaign for multiple localities in India

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sudhakar,

You can achieve that by using DKI (Dynamic keywword Insertion) in your Ad headline. by using DKI in your ad headline your headline will be replaced by the keyword which trigger your ad.

to learn more about DKI read
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454041?hl=en

regards,
Rahul Goel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rahul,

Dynamic Keyword Insertion in ad headline will not work as I am not using the locality in Keyword . Also if I use locality in keyword it show low search volume and ads wont trigger and if it triggers for some locality and if the keywords is greater than 25 characters it will show the default keyword

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Sudhakar,

Few thoughts on your questions-

1. The question is how to create a single campaign where ads for city as well as locality within the city is displayed.

Location terms esp locality within city will have low search volumes than the actual city. So less likely your ad will appear for locality based keywords.

And as campaign will be geo targeted to the city, the google will have to choose best among the city and locality based keywords hence competition among themselves will be there.

2.  Which of the below keywords is recommended and Why? 

A) Key Word : +Party +Hall

B) Key Word : +Party +Hall + Blore

#A will be more useful if users are located in campaign target location. So people located in b’lore will less likely search like “party hall in Bangalore”

#B is useful for people not located in target location but are viewing about the targeted location. Eg user sitting in Delhi might be searching for “Party hall in Bangalore”

Hence it depends on the goal which users you want to target.

And if you have historical data, I would suggest looking at the search terms, what search terms users are using to look for a party hall. It will give more clear idea as now these are city based keywords and not locality you should be having considerable data to look at.

Having said that, if you want to target based on locality then you can try radius targeting in “targeting setting”. You can refer to “how to target a radios around a location” on https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722043?hl=en

To do so, you can follow steps below –

1. Choose any one/big locality in a B’lore, lets say “Jayanagar”
  2. Pause keywords related to “Jayanagar” in the campaign
  3. Create separate campaign and geo radius target it to “Jayanagar”. Add more budget to it and bid bit aggressively. (High cost + good quality leads are sometimes better than high number of low quality leads)
  4. Exclude “Jayanagar” from main campaign

And now look at the search terms and conversions, if it works you can replicate it to other campaigns.

Hope this helps

SJ

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Sudhaker,

Unfortunately I think what you're trying to accomplish will take additional work vs setting up just one single Campaign.  The good news is though that it can be done - 

1. This wouldn't be in a single Campaign, but one thing you could do is to create a Campaign targeting each individual locality, and one Campaign targeting the surrounding areas of Blore.

How this would work:

• Each locality has its own Campaign, targeted just to that locality. Inside of it are all duplicate Keywords, but the Ads are specific to the locality.  So when someone in Malleswaram searches for party hall, they'll see an Ad with Malleswaram in it.
  • Then, for the localities you're not individually targeting, and for the surrounding region of Blore, you'll target those cities and localities in a separate Campaign and use general Blore  messaging in your Ad Copy.

2.  I recommend you use both Keywords.  Both Keywords have the opportunity to match into queries when searchers search for those Keywords, and both will perform differently.  When doing local Campaigns, I typically always bid on Keywords with and without the geographic modifier.

Finally, not sure where your places are, but have you considered using Location Extensions?  That can be an effective way to drive local awareness of your physical locations.

How to create campaign for multiple localities in India

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Party+ hall +zaika +Bakersfield 

5123 Ming avenue , bakersfield