AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to choose keyword for the adgroup

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i was trying to figure out how to choose best keywords for  my adgroup ,  for an Example if i create an ad for   blocking ads on firefox  how do i choose some good keywords  my add  is - (how to block ads on firefox  )   and  i  have chosen an exact keyword  [how to block ads on firefox]

for this ad  how  many keywords i have to put  it in my  adgroup ,  (like 20) and what type of another keyword i have to choose for that add ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thomas Joseph
September 2015

Re: How to choose keyword for the adgroup

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Thomas,

You can use the keyword tool and the new tool called keyword planner to look for the best possible phrases which you can bid on.

Read this article explaining how you can choose the best possible keywords for your business:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453981

In terms of number of keywords for an ad group, the primary thing to look for is the theme of your keywords. Similar theme keywords are grouped under one ad group. I prefer keeping max 10 keywords in an ad group and create the campaign accordingly. The more the number of keywords are in one ad group, it becomes little difficult to monitor them. So keep them according to your understanding.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thomas Joseph
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Thomas,

You can use the keyword tool and the new tool called keyword planner to look for the best possible phrases which you can bid on.

Read this article explaining how you can choose the best possible keywords for your business:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453981

In terms of number of keywords for an ad group, the primary thing to look for is the theme of your keywords. Similar theme keywords are grouped under one ad group. I prefer keeping max 10 keywords in an ad group and create the campaign accordingly. The more the number of keywords are in one ad group, it becomes little difficult to monitor them. So keep them according to your understanding.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ya thanks for the Guidelines, i appreciate that ... can you please tell me if i choose a keyword to create an add like "how do i enable cookies" what are the possible keywords i can add in one ad group