AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to change bid for "display network" only???

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

help! I was able to do it a few days ago, and I cannot figure out how to do it now...

Re: How to change bid for "display network" only???

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Mark,
Here is a Link to details to change those bids

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2947304?hl=en

How to enable custom or default bids, and bid adjustments for your ad groups

Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
Click the Campaigns tab.
Select the campaign and ad group you'd like to edit.

Click the Display Network tab. If you don't see this tab, check what campaign type you've selected when you created your campaign. If, for example, you selected "Search & Display Networks - Standard," you won't be able to use the bidding features available for the Display Network.

Click the tab of the targeting method you'd like to set bids on. For example, click the Topics tab to set a bid on topics.

If you've already added topics to your ad group, follow the next step. Otherwise, click the + Targeting button, add your targeting, and save.

Once you're on the tab of the targeting method you want to set bids on -- in this case, the Topics tab --, click the "Bidding" menu above the statistics table to see the options available for your ad group.

Select a bid option for your Display Network ad group:

Enable custom bids: Choose this option if you'd like AdWords to always use the topic bid for this ad group. Then, set a Max CPC or Max. CPM bid in the column.

Use default bids: Choose this option if you'd like the targeting method to inherit your ad group bid or Display Network bid, if you have one. You can't make any changes in the table after you've selected this bid.
Enable bid adjustments: Choose this option if you'd like to increase or decrease your chances of showing your ads for certain topics, for example.

If your custom or default bids have been set on a different targeting method, you can select this option from the menu, and in the "Bid adj." column, add the percent you'd like to apply to increase or decrease your bid.

Click the cell in the column of the rows you want to edit. If you've enabled custom bids, click the Max. CPC column and type your bid. For bid adjustments, click the “Bid adj” column. Enter your adjustment in the window and click Save.

Tip
To remove a bid adjustment, leave the bid adjustment field empty in step 9 above, and click Make changes.

Other Details on Edit your CPC and CPM bids
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2470113?hl=en

How to edit your bid for individual keywords or other targeting methods

If your campaigns are using manual bidding, you can set your own max. CPC bid amount. It will be used instead of the ad group default bid whenever a certain keyword, placement, or other targeting method triggers your ad.

Keep in mind that to set a max. CPC for a specific targeting method, you must have set your custom bid on that same targeting method. For example, if you want to set a specific bid for the website example.com, you need to set your custom bids on placements. Learn how to enable Display Network bidding features.

Edit individual keyword bids for your campaign type
Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
Click the Campaigns tab.

Click the ad group or campaign you want to edit.

For "Search Network only," “Search Network with Display Select,” or "Search & Display Networks" campaigns: click the Keywords tab.

For "Display Network only" campaigns: click the Display Network tab, and then the Display keywords tab

Click the bid amount in the "Max. CPC" column for the keyword whose bid you want to change. To make changes to multiple keywords at once, select the boxes next to those keywords.

From the Edit menu, select Change Max. CPC bids…

Set a keyword bid
Enter your new bid and click Save.
Tip
If you’re not sure how much to bid, try adding the “Est. first page bid” column to your statistics table. It shows you an estimate of the bid you likely need to set in order for your ad to be shown on the first page of search results.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks.

You wrote: *****click the Display Network tab, and then the Display keywords tab
Click the bid amount in the "Max. CPC" column for the keyword whose bid you want to change. To make changes to multiple keywords at once, select the boxes next to those keywords.

From the Edit menu, select Change Max. CPC bids…*****

The bid amount is not clickable. I see no boxes next to the keywords. I do see my specific "Display network" only bid which I had set a few days ago next to the keywords, but in the "Ad group bids" box at the top of the page, I see only my search engine bids. Seems quite complicated.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Mark,

In  Display Only In your Adgroups - Look for the MAX CPC Column.  CLICK inside the BOX.. It pops up a spot to edit. 

Capture111111.JPG

For KEYWORDS - click on the Display network Tab across the top main menu

Look at the MAX CPC Column as well.  You can click inside each box.  If you see a  --   that is clickable as well and will pop up a message as shown in the image below

Capture2222.JPG

you need to CLICK in the BOX in the MAX CPC columns.   if for some reason you don't get the Edit pop up box, check to see if you have some type of POP-UP Blocker?

What the POP-up  looks like.

Capture3333.JPG

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks but it does not work for me.

I am able to do that in the "Keywords" tab.

I am not able to do that in the "Display Network" tab. Nothing is clickable there.

adwords_problem.jpg

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Still not working. Also, in the meantime, my Display Networds bids went up from 0.16 to 7.77 without me having changed it. Either I don't get it, or the interface is buggy.