AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to change CPC bid in bulk w/o adwords editor?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd like to change cpc bid on keywords that show as "low bid" after running keyword diagnostics on them... but i can't seem to find a way to change the bid by percentage on the adwords browser interface...

Is there a way to do this?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Tiffany (Google Employee)
September 2015

How to change CPC bid in bulk w/o adwords editor

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

taewoo;

Using AdWords browser UI, you can change bids by percentage, only with automated rule, or by bid adjustment in ad scheduling,

Changing bids across all ad ad-groups at once, by percentage change, is still a feature not supported by AdWords UI. (A nice idea, though, for developers...)

See detailed instructions on changing bids in the help center

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

You can go into your account and select the keywords tab....

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

You can go into your account and select the keywords tab.

Select the checkbox to highlight all your keywords

Click on "edit" beside "add keywords" and edit as a table.

You have an option to prefill all CPC's to first page bids or you can go through them separately.

Is this the sort of thing you were after?

i was doing it that way.. edit as table, copy to excel, d...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

i was doing it that way.. edit as table, copy to excel, do bid manipulation.. then re-paste.. but that seems kinda primtive.

In automated rules, is there a way to do "apply once now" kinda thing?

OK, I just re-read the question and what I said wasn't wh...

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

OK, I just re-read the question and what I said wasn't what you wanted to hear but I do have another way.

Go to the campaign you want to edit and go to the settings.

Create an experiment and you want to be editing keywords.

When you go to the keywords tab of this campaign, click on segment by experiment.

Highlight all keywords and then click edit in table.

When you click on the bid of the experimental bid you'll see you can change it by a %. You are then able to apply this percentage change to all keywords in the experiment.

You can then go into your campaign settings and apply the experimental changes to the campaign.

How does this work out for you?

The simplest: take a calculator, calculate the new bid va...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

The simplest: take a calculator, calculate the new bid value, and apply at once, following the instructions on the like I gave.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Hi MosheTLV, I think your method is fine for making all b...

Top Contributor Alumni
# 7
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi MosheTLV,

I think your method is fine for making all bids the same, but the OP was after a way of changing bids by percentage which I don't think can be done that way.

This feature is not included in AW UI....It's a simple arithmetic

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@purefuzz;

I answered in my first reply, that it's not possible with the current UI ...You suggested a neat and clever workaround, that is (for most users) far more complex than doing the calculation with a simple calculator, and re-adjust the bids. That's I think the reason, this feature is not included in AW UI. It's a simple arithmetic...Smiley Wink

-Moshe