AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to avoid downloading negative locations to editor?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How to avoid downloading negative locations to editor? I want to have 80,000 negative zip codes per campaign, I don't understand why this must be downloaded to editor every time since I will never be optimizing this.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to avoid downloading negative locations to editor?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

There is no way to prevent AdWords Editor from downloading part of the data for a campaign.

If you're finding that 80,000 negative zip codes slow down performance, maybe you should use some different kind of targeting for exclusion locations?  Excluding by state, for instance, would provide a much smaller list of negatives and would no doubt work just as well to block unwanted traffic?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Re: How to avoid downloading negative locations to editor?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
not possible since I am targeting high income zip codes, each state would have low and high income zip codes. there are far more low income zip codes.
overall, we should be able to choose what we download, i have old ads that are paused and i will never re-use, but i want to keep them there for data analysis, and those also get downloaded.