AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to add gmail app as placements in GSP Campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: How to add gmail app as placements in GSP Campaign?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Eshwar,

If you are running a GSP campaign targeting Mobile as well as Desktops and are recording traffic from Mobile, it implies you are actively showing GSP ads in Gmail App on any Mobile device as well.

There is no need for you to add the app as a managed placement. To double check if you ads are infact showing up on the app, go to the display network tab in your campaign, then to the Placements tab. You should see a list of placements where your ads have shown. You should see 'mail.google.com' or 'Mobile App: Gmail (Google Play), by Google Inc' as the placements for the campaign.

Also, you cannot add the app as a placement, I tried doing this by adding a targeting layer to the GSP campaign and the app nor the gmail domain showed up as a suggested placement when I searched for it.

Hope this Helps.

Cheers!
Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Eshwar,

You don't need to add gmail app to your targeting in a GSP campaign. By default in a GSP campaign, the app is also targeted.

To confirm this, you can check your mobile traffic for the GSP campaign, if its got enough traction, your ads have been showing up on the app. This traffic could also be from users using a browser on their smartphones but as far as i know, we cannot differentiate the data based on whether its from the App or a browser on the phone.

I will check on this and let you know if infact we can distinguish the same.

If there is some one else with an answer to your solution, i would love to hear it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Shashank
Cheers,
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shashank,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, when I segment with devices in this campaign I can see clicks from mobile with full browsers. But I feel, we are still missing mobile traffic from gmail app. Can you please tell me how to add this "Mobile App: Gmail (Google Play), by Google Inc" as managed placements.

Thanks,
Eshwar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
December 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Eshwar,

If you are running a GSP campaign targeting Mobile as well as Desktops and are recording traffic from Mobile, it implies you are actively showing GSP ads in Gmail App on any Mobile device as well.

There is no need for you to add the app as a managed placement. To double check if you ads are infact showing up on the app, go to the display network tab in your campaign, then to the Placements tab. You should see a list of placements where your ads have shown. You should see 'mail.google.com' or 'Mobile App: Gmail (Google Play), by Google Inc' as the placements for the campaign.

Also, you cannot add the app as a placement, I tried doing this by adding a targeting layer to the GSP campaign and the app nor the gmail domain showed up as a suggested placement when I searched for it.

Hope this Helps.

Cheers!
Shashank
Cheers,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Try:

com.google.android.gm.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is from 2015.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.